"Mind" Blowing Article on Watchtower Indoctrination! MUST READ!

by What-A-Coincidence 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

Personally, when given the mags, I have to take it carefully when reading them, and only a bit at a time, as they tend to raise the same fears that they did for the first forty years of my life.

I then, go through what I have read in my own mind, while doing other things, and slowly disentangle the ideas they have given me and deprogramme myself. Every time I do that, it is like hanging on to a cliff edge and a struggle to get back to the top of the cliff. Thing is, I know what they are doing, what they are saying, and more importantly why....because they want...for free, my money and my life! They won't have any of those things again.

But that doesn't mean I don't keep reading and analysing them and criticising them in my own mind!

I hate the damned things! I hate what they have done to my family and other people!

But, ironically, they also make me laugh! I laugh mainly at how stupid I was when I believed and trusted them. Sadly, it also makes the not so pleasant side of my character laugh at those still trapped in the cult.....not a lot.....but just enough to help me keep my own balance!

So, whoever said 'they're just mags'? They are a 'brain blender' on paper! Read them with trepidation and caution just as if you were holding a deadly viper in your hands! Never trust ANYTHING that they say and more importantly.....never recycle them....always shred and trash when you have finished with them. They are more dangerous than radioactive waste!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm not knowledgeable enough to speak on the subject of hypnosis, but there are certainly other obvious techniques for mental manipulation in the meetings and publications.

There is obvious peer pressure to do as directed and not to question. If there is any question, repeat the same thing over and over, browbeating as necessary.
    As evident with the new Watchtower Study Edition, there will be more privacy from outside scrutiny.
    As noted, use of terms such as "independent thinking", and "worldly" cause a fear of actual thinking.
    Repeated use of expressions such as "Faithful and Discreet Slave Class" cause followers to believe that such an expression occurs as often as the name "Jesus" in the scriptures. Simply looking up the one occurance in Matt 24:45 shows it's not a class and it's illustrative. Luke's account of the faithful steward ties it in directly with Matthew's "Evil Slave".
    Pointing out any deterioration of world condition is used to emphasize that WTBTS is right about everything. And any idea of leaving the bOrg will lead to a personal death spiral and damnation.

Depression will continue to grow. From a publisher's perspective, giving everything is still not enough. Six Billion humans are about to be destroyed and it's YOUR fault.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I could not find any evidence supporting the statement that Rutherford studied psychology. Not that I would not be surprised.

He was a lawyer so it would stand to reason that he would study psychology at least as an undergraduate or in law school. A skillful lawyer knows how certain language effects someone's thinking and memory recall when cross examining somebody on the witness stand in court. All you would have to do is find his university transcript if it still exists to see if he studied psychology. If he didn't study it formally he may have researched psychiatrist's and psychologist's latest research material back then.

• Gill
    Gill

The pen is mightier than the sword!

Use the correct words in the correct order and you can control the mind of anyone, if they are susceptible to mind control and don't have critical thinking skills.

• avishai
    avishai
    I found the article "Just OK"

Replace "hypnosis" with "brainwashing techniques" and you have a great article, as most folks only associate "hypnotism" with one form (there are many) and would be turned off by the article. Lots of forms of hypnotism ARE brainwashing techniques if you think about it, although it's often to brainwash you in a "good" way, such as addiction therapy.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

This articles claims about hypnosis at meetings is complete nonsense and has been roundly dissed in earlier threads. It's nothing to do with hypnosis..it's just good old fashioned religious brainwashing.

• changeling
    changeling

He lost me at "Jehovah Witnesses".

changeling

• Gill
    Gill

Hypnosis = brainwashing = mind control = abuse of power!

In the end, it's all just the same game! Let me control you and you just get that wallet out of your pocket and slip me your cash.....your life insurance policy, your jewellry, your credit card, your property, your inheritance.....etc

• marmot
    marmot

The article completely lost me when he started talking about left-brain/right-brain activity. Any first-year psychology student can tell you that such theories are junk science.

True there is a form of thought control and behavior modification that takes place in the Jehovah's Witnesses cult, but the author of that article is barking up the wrong tree.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Must Obey said:

This articles claims about hypnosis at meetings is complete nonsense and has been roundly dissed in earlier threads

Please post earlier threads. I did a search on 'hypnosis' and got no relevency to your statement.

But to a 'point' ... it's a form of hypnosis ... not a full out blown hypnotic trance. Look up Derren Brown. He will freak you out! I bet Jaracz took lessons from Brown.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit