"Mind" Blowing Article on Watchtower Indoctrination! MUST READ!

by What-A-Coincidence 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I found the article "Just OK"

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

The whole WT indoctrination process combines many forms of psychological tactics to a degree. Steve Hassan considers those in his book "Combatting Cult Mind Control". That book is a must read.

I could not find any evidence supporting the statement that Rutherford studied psychology. Not that I would not be surprised.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    I noticed they were unknowingly using a form of direct clinical hypnosis on me, introduced through their study magazines ... using it on me “to give me phobias about life outside the Watchtower
    movement” and for blood transfusion

Couldn't have said it better ... phobias about life outside the Watchtower movement ... that's exactly what JW's have. No wonder they have something against further education ... no hypnosis there!

• Mary
    Mary

It's not surprising really. I remember a CO telling us that the only way we could continuously keep in 'the Truth' is by having the doctrines repeated over and over and over again.......It most definetely would have a hypnotic effect and robs you of your ability to think for yourself. I think we're all aware of how bad they view thinking for oneself is, but here's just a couple of examples to keep the fear of God in you:

Wt 2006 7/15 p. 22 par. 14 Focus on the Goodness of Jehovah’s Organization

In modern times, a very small number among God’s people have become disgruntled with some aspect of Christian teaching and have murmured against the earthly part of Jehovah’s organization . Why does this happen? Such murmuring is often caused by a lack of understanding of God’s way of doing things. The Creator progressively reveals the truth to his people. Hence, our understanding of the Scriptures is bound to be refined from time to time. The vast majority of Jehovah’s people rejoice over such refinements. A few become "righteous overmuch" and resent the changes. (Ecclesiastes 7:16) Pride may play a role, and some fall into the trap of independent thinking. Whatever the reason, such murmuring is hazardous, since it can draw us back into the world and its ways.

WT 89 9/15 p. 23 par. 13 Be Obedient to Those Taking the Lead

In the world, there is a tendency to reject leadership. As one lecturer said: "The rising education level has improved the talent pool such that followers have become so critical that they are almost impossible to lead." But a spirit of independent thinking does not prevail in God’s organization , and we have sound reasons for confidence in the men taking the lead among us.

WT 87 11/1 p. 19 par. 15 Are You Remaining Clean in Every Respect?

Apostates often appeal to the ego, claiming that we have been deprived of our freedoms, including the freedom to interpret the Bible for ourselves. In reality, these would-be defilers offer nothing more than a return to the nauseating teachings of "Babylon the Great." (Revelation 17:5; 2 Peter 2:19-22) Others appeal to the flesh, urging former associates to "take it easy" because the humble work of witnessing from house to house is "unnecessary" or "unscriptural." (Compare Matthew 16:22, 23.) True, such smooth talkers may look outwardly clean in a physical and moral way. But inside they are spiritually unclean, having given in to prideful, independent thinking

WT 83 1/15 p. 22 par. 21 Exposing the Devil’s Subtle Designs

How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God’s visible organization.

WT 83 1/15 p. 27 pars. 19-20 Armed for the Fight Against Wicked Spirits

And just as in the first century there was only one true Christian organization, so today Jehovah is using only one organization. (Ephesians 4:4, 5; Matthew 24:45-47) Yet there are some who point out that the organization has had to make adjustments before, and so they argue: "This shows that we have to make up our own mind on what to believe." This is independent thinking. Why is it so dangerous ?

Yet, in 1957, the Watchtower slammed the 'world' for doing the exact same thing that they---the Society, have done to the rank and file for decades:

WT 57 8/1 p. 469 par. 7 Will You Get to Live on Earth Forever?

Their thinking must be channeled for them, ready-made by propagandists. This suits Satan’s purpose. He deluges the mass mind with anything and everything but God’s truth. To keep minds from doing godly thinking Satan keeps them busy with thoughts that are either trivial or ungodly. It is tailor-made thinking, and the tailor of it is the Devil. Minds work, but in the way that a horse is led. Independent thinking is difficult, unpopular and even suspect. Thought conformity is the order of our day. To seek solitude for meditation is frowned upon as antisocial and neurotic.—Rev. 16:13, 14.

No hypocrisy there is there?

• journey-on
    journey-on

I've said before that I believe there is something sinister behind that organization. I attended a meeting in 2006 to pacify an elderly "sister".

I was taken aback by the rote demeanor of the group. Everything....I mean everything....from what song to sing to the cookie

cutter public talks to the prayer to the WT study...is laid out for them with very little room for deviation. Their smiles and handshakes

are almost robotic and the joy seems so fake and stilted.

I believe they use trigger scriptures and trigger words. People that have been in it, then come out of it, have a tough time de-programming.

It takes effort, but once it's done, you realize just what horrible mind-numbing thing you were subjected to. I drove away from the KH that

day knowing I would never go back...........SCARRY!!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    People that have been in it, then come out of it, have a tough time de-programming

BINGO! I was heavily involved from 1992 until 2005 (Pioneer, Ministerial Servant, Bethelite, Elder). Now apostate :)

Deprogrammed in 2 years

• Bryan
    Bryan

I believe there is a lot of truth to this piece. My daughter's last letter to me, 3 years ago, stated how great it was that all across the world the Witnesses study the exact same material. They are all on the same [hypnotic] page.

It took me 5 years to deprogram.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Forscher
    Forscher

It takes a bit to wade through the religious stuff in the article and get to the meat of his argument, but it is well worth the effort.

I have to say the man has a point there. It also explains to me why some of those nonsensical scriptures are placed in the material to be looked up when one studies it alone (you know, the ones which have you scratching your head and wondering just how they could possibly prove the point they are they are cited to support. That is if you are thinking at all.). I am going to have to look further into the man's thesis.

Forscher

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    It takes a bit to wade through the religious stuff

True. I should have warned you but it was late at night, he almost got me into a hypnotic/suggestive state

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

BTTT for marking purposes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit