Suicide attempt and I am heartbroken

by Iforget 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Iforget
    Iforget

My younger brother tried to kill himself today. I am sick inside....sicker then I ever thought possible. My mother told me the news in the cruelest of ways and i am now in a fog.

I blame the JW's and all the bullshit they put on children who are DF. My parents are supportive of him to an extreme that has enabled his behavior BUT my God for him to get to this point??

I haven't spoken to him in years simply because of the lifestyle he has chosen. My life is together and productive and he has floundered. I plan to go to the hospital to talk with him and try to reach him.

Guys...I am SICK inside. I ACHE. For someone to hit this point it's a SCEAM for help and I will answer the scream. I can't even belive I am typing this. My mother is more worried about the fuxxing papers then she is her child. This is why I am the mother I am today because my children only know my support and love. I will extend that to my brother but I can't enable him further.

He will need a lot of prayers and love. Thanks for listening. I know you all understand.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I wish you a clear mind as you react to this tragedy. ((((((((((Iforget))))))))))

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I'm so sorry iforget. I lost my father after I hadn't been speaking to him. You have the chance again to show him you love him. You can compensate for the lacking love of other family members without enabling a dangerous lifestyle. He can know you don't really approve but that you love him.

I'll be praying for you. In perfect love and perfect trust.

momz

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

That is terrible. I wish you lots of strenght but remember always : you are not responsible for your brother, or parents. You do your best and that is all you can do. (((Iforget)))

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Hope when you see him you can hug him and tell him you love him and to call you if ever he needs a chat or stuff. Just that you care and think of him and hope happier times are down the line and that you'll be around too - maybe. Hope he picks up and you're bond with him strengthens. You sound like you know where its at more than others.

• avishai
    avishai

Alot of times we get angry @ suicidal folks, just remember that depression is a disease that can be just as real ( and lethal ) as cancer. To get to the point where you override the most basic of human instincts (survival) is a symptom of a very serious illness.

((((iforget and family)))

• Priest73
    Priest73

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this. My thoughts are with you.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am so sorry to read about this ... I understand completly. My Grand-daughter in Montreal tried it last week also... I too blame the WT as well as myself for making her life hell on earth. I was in touch with her a few weeks ago.,she told me she was on crack. I tried to tell her how much I love her & she responded "I know that Nanny"
    Then her Mother ( JW) called & told my Sue( not a JW) that she had tried to kill herself.... I know how your feeling my love. Yes do go & see him even if its just to tell him you care...... ((((HUGS))))

mouthy

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

You have a pm

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Iforget: I understand. I'm sure you can balance giving love while not enabling. I can understand, from many sides of this issue.

Peace, love, comfort - these are your birthright and your gifts...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit