Suicide attempt and I am heartbroken

by Iforget 44 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

((((()))))))

Don't give up, it's a tragic thing but maybe something good will grow from it.

Also don't forget that families that have had a suicide in them are much more likely to see more. Please keep a careful eye on the rest of the family.

• joelbear69
    joelbear69

i feel awful for you. my heart goes out to you and your brother. he truly must be in pain. you can help him without enabling him. he may need some true tough supportive love hugs Joel

• compound complex
    compound complex

Love and condolences to you, Iforget.

Some of us have survived what your brother, sadly, did not. Wisdom and endurance borne of intolerable emotional pain. Please let us help when you're ready for it. Prayers for your ability to cope with the difficult days ahead.

CoCo

• Iforget
    Iforget

I found out that he is stable and could be released as early as tomorrow. One other brother will be taking him home. My worry is that he won't receive the proper mental health he so obviously needs or the medication that can help.

I will be visiting him and pushing him to get help. Thank you all so very much for your remarks. They help more then you know. It's times like this that you need to have those who have been in these shoes give advice and hugs.

I will keep you posted on the situation. Once I see him and get a feel for what is going on maybe I can better appreciate the mental state and what is going on in his life.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I lost my younger brother to suicide last year.

Everyone involved has the opportunity to make something different happen now.

Love unconditionally

• Balsam
    Balsam

Suicide is hard to deal with, it takes a depressed individual who has been suffering so long. I know my sons have known several young men who have ended their lives and it has always been over failed relationships with girls that trigger the event. Sadly suicide continues to be the choice of may young people and old alike who tire of struggling with life and emotions. I hope your able to help him get the help he needs.

Ruth

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I want to say I feel for you, and would love to help. I am not wise enough or near enough.

Many many hugs - just LOVE HIM. and then hope.

HB

• Bryan
    Bryan

I have screamed out from this dark place. Let him know you care and love him.

Bryan

• flipper
    flipper

I FORGET- Our hearts and love go out to you in this horrible time you are experiencing . I truly hope that you can assist your brother to recieve needed help , or a mental health professional to help him in his time of need. Love, Peace out, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I just had to come back here.

Fight for your brother, believe in him, love him, draw whatever you can deep from within yourself, know you have done all in your very soul and spirit and might. Unconditional love towards him and those that love him.

My daughter also has had two drug overdoses.

It took everything in my very being to help keep her alive. But she wanted to live. Ultimately it is there decision.

We have to do and be, search and fight for what they give up on.

My thoughts and heart goes out to you

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit