Your All Time Favorite Song- If You Had to Pick Just One ?

by flipper 117 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, I sing too. People who haven't done it, do not know that it is much more difficult to sing and play guitar at the same time, as to do either by itself.

JK

I used to play and found it difficult to sing and play, too. You have to get to the point of skill that Hendrix did where you and guitar become one and it is merely an extension of you and you of it. When you flow together, then singing is bound to be easier.

• JK666
    JK666

When it comes together, it is one of those blessed unions that is magic.

JK

• JK666
    JK666

FHN,

Do you still have a guitar, and still play?

JK

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

*Sigh*, I found myself critically ill and got partial amnesia. The songs my instructor taught to me with TAB, I could not remember how to play. I had learned some really good songs. Anything I taught to myself, I can remember. My kids and grandsons messed up my guitar. It's been a long time since I've played.

• JK666
    JK666

I know that I am very rusty, but love to pick it up and dink around. I only have a few songs that I feel comfortable to play with an audience. Last summer I got to play some Lou Reed and Neil Young at a club while the band was on break, it was kind of fun.

JK

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    it was kind of fun.

Like a walk on the wild side?

• JK666
    JK666

Actually a little more macabre, "Cremation"

• JK666
    JK666

But the girls never lost their head . . .

• flipper
    flipper

Merry fricking Christmas JK- you music buff you ! When you go east for the holidays you'll have to call me and Mrs. Flipper up and sing for us ! Then , I'll spoil it and sing for you my version of Bill Withers , " Ain't No Sunshine ". It's what made Mrs. Flipper fall for me on the 2nd night after we met ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

flipper - that was pure genius, I'm sure her heart melted. One of my friends told me recently that THAT feeling is what she's looking for. We agree it's what every woman wants. Lucky woman that wife of yours. Hugs to you both.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit