Your All Time Favorite Song- If You Had to Pick Just One ?

by flipper 117 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Surprise, it's not Zappa! Love Reign O'er Me by The Who

I absolutely love this song and the band and have since 1967. But this song, the long version with the long intro? The planets probably align everytime someone cool and appreciative plays this song. Went and found it and have it playing now. Just perfect for an overcast Saturday morning.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

P.S. Thanks to the poster who suggested the Niel Young song. I was reminded to play Neil Youngs

wonderful album " After the Goldrush"

Neil Young would be my choice for favorite Singer/Song Writer/Artist and performer, he's very fun to watch. I have had a spiritual sort of zen with his music since I first heard him 1970 on Deja Vu, my favorite CSN&Y LP. My screen names, a couple of them are based on his first song from his first LP, Emperor Of Wyoming.

• minimus
    minimus

Al Green's Let's Stay Together

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

For Neil Young fans who also love the John Lennon song Imagine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3T8xr274q8 <.......how cool is that?

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the replies. Music is such a subjective thing so I can't reply to everybody as we see a wide variety here that istruly great !

BETWEEN WORLDS and SUMMER- I see a couple picks of John Lennon's " Imagine ". I would agree it is high on my list too !

STILLA - Another pick of Led Zeppelin's " Stairway to Heaven ". Great. Losing My Religion was a great song too !

NO MORE GUILT- The Moody Blues " Nights in White Satin " was a mournful haunting song that is high up on my list too ! Good pick !

JK- The Who's " Love Reign O'er Me " is my alltime favorite song by The Who also. They outdid themselves on that one .

MINIMUS- My wife and I always loved Al Green's soulful vocal style. In r& B , he ranks right up there with Marvin Gaye, Barry White , and all the soul and R&B singers you can think of !

FYING HIGH NOW- Weird you should mention Neil Young- as I've been listening to his new CD, just released all week ! Plus the cd " Sleeps with Angels " from 1994 , a frigging great CD and he was at the top of his game with that material ! Great u-tube ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

"Come Ti Vorrei"- Iva Zanicchi 1966

"Rose Rosse Per Te" - Massimo Ranieri 1974

"Eres Tu" - Mercedes Rivera 1970

"The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" - Roberta Flack ????

"Can't Find My Way Home" - Eric Clapton (Blind Faith) 1971

"Dust In The Wind" - Kansas 1977

"Going To California" - Led Zeppelin 1973

"Someone Saved My Life Tonight" - Elton John 1976

"Coming Out Of The Dark" - Gloria Estefan 199?

"Turn The Page ; Traveling Man ; Beautiful Loser ; Roll Me Away" - Bob Seger

"Seagull ; Feel Like Making Love" - Bad Company 1974

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Good choices, Utopian.

I love the song Silver, Blue and Gold by Bad Company. It's very hard to choose favorites.

The reason I put Under the Bridge as my favorite is not just that it is beautiful to listen to and the video is an amazing visual feast, but the song is about Anthony's struggle with addiction. Some of us struggle with different types of addictions and obsessions. I suppose JWD obsession could fall in there somewhere. The song just has a way of capturing that emotion of feeling so desperately human and so desperately helpless at the same time. The choir of background singers and the arrangement of the song, well, it all moves me.

• flipper
    flipper

UTOPIAN- Great picks ! Especially " Dust in the Wind " by Kansas . It would be in my top 20 list also !

Short story ! When " Dust in the Wind " first hit the airwaves in 1977, I had just at 18 moved into my first apartment . The worst dust storm ever hit the town I lived in in California ! 120 mile per hour winds whipping up the dirt from plowed agricultural fields where at high noon, it was so dark brown in the sky, you could barely see to drive ! My first crappy little car a little Datsun stationwagon was getting whipped around from lane to lane trying to drive to my apartment ! Then , " Dust in the Wind " came on , on the radio as I'm navigating this dust storm . Crazy how stuff happens like that ! When I got to my apartment, I had an inch thickness of fine dust everywhere I had to clean up ! Made me wonder why I left my parents home to move out onmy own ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It's all right now, By Free.

• faundy
    faundy

OK ignore the crappy video but the song is beautiful. My all time favourite, without doubt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5s8_uHPnZ4&feature=related

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit