SPEEDING UP THEIR OWN DEMISE?

by Dansk 38 Replies latest jw friends

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Dansk: I agree with you. Not only are they useless, but they are harmful. They give bad advice, try to control every JW's actions, no matter how private, and they then have the arrogance to claim that "Jehovah told them to do/say it." And then the poor victim goes away believing that Jehovah wants them to do something and since they couldn't because it bothered their consciences, they have a breakdown and some commit suicide.

I wonder how much blood is on the hands of the GB starting in the late 1800's? The hypocrisy is astounding.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Let's see...what's what on the local elder body...

PO: No kids.

Secretary: Family. But heavily mind controlled.

Elder #3: No kids.

Elder #4: Probably doesn't have kids.

Grampa: Obviously has kids!!!

Elder #6: No kids.

Elder #7: Not sure if he has kids.

So at least 3/7 persons of the elder body should have no say in giving a family advice. I know that elder #3 is waiting until the Big A is done.

• bert
    bert

Was it the Shakers of the 19th century who didnt allow people to marry or even live together as man and wife? Now there are no Shakers...wonder why?

• bert
    bert

Shakers. Do a WIKIPEDIA search. I think it says there are only about 4 of them left today..........its only a matter of time. Presumption and arrogance thin them out in a few generations.

• Gringa
    Gringa

When I told my mom in 1978 that I was pregnant, she almost started crying. She said that is was a shame that I was bringing a child in to this wicked world and that I should have waited because Armegeddon was fast approaching, It would be better if my child could be born in paradise earth - well, my beautiful daighter is 28 and 8 months pregnant with my mother's first great grandchild.

What a sad, f**ked up cult this is....... I just don't see why anyone is a JW - after all the wrong dates, policy changes and crap they spew, how do the faithful stay so faithful?

• worf
    worf

To: stillajwexelder,

Yes the famous "don't have any children talk". I was at Yankee Stadium that year ( actually the last assembly held at Yankee Stadium), when that talk was given. That bull!@#$ is a main reason why I don't have any children. At the time I was an MS, wife was a RIGHT WING pioneer.

Such crap!

Worf : former ms, former elder, FOREVER EX-JW.

• flipper
    flipper

DANSK- I did use to notice that over 4 years ago when I was in, that new elders would be appointed , never having had children. i often wondered how they could even comprehend counseling others about child rearing , when they had no experience at all ! I was an MS for 6 years, had 3 children, but never wanted to serve as an elder because I did not want to know about people's personal business . Felt it was none of mine

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Well Paul wasn't married and look what great counsel he gave:

1 Timothy 2:12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.

• proplog2
    proplog2

I know of many excellent elders that were removed because their kids got in trouble.

Of course the smart and creative elders are the ones that will have smart/creative/divergent thinking children. And creative kids are going to have a little too much spunk and curiosity.

This is why meetings have become sooooooo boring. The talent has left the building.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit