SPEEDING UP THEIR OWN DEMISE?

by Dansk 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

(((((((((OUTY))))))))),

Me 'ol mate!

Well, as we can see by all the posts, I believe Watchtower has actually scored an own goal

Ian

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Ian

Hope you are well.

This is subject close my own heart. We became JW's in 1975 for what we believe were all the right reason; pioneered, received regular counsel both personal and about about having children, the result was my wife was often in tears as she really wanted children. We waited until both 27 before our first and then 37 & 40 for the last two.

I think this policy is particularly vexatious for the ladies in the congs, and they do not really have a voice do they?

Happy now though as we have 3 gorgeous and very different children.

Regards David

• Dansk
    Dansk

David:

Happy now though as we have 3 gorgeous and very different children.

I really am delighted for you and your good lady!

Ian

• bem
    bem

I remember several being offended in the old congo, when councilled by elders who did not have children. And one <imo> humble elder who because he did not have children admited he would decline when the "work" was spread around that he would prefer not to have to council families with kids and he told the congo why,

One thing is for certain if they don't have children then they cannot be held responsible for anyone else's actions, after all the councilling recieved on the children and families actions being on the fathers shoulders.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

We all know the majority of the society's elders are absolutely useless when it comes to dealing with family matters and as I was sat here reading a number of posts it suddenly occurred to me that Watchtower may have started to speed up its own demise.

Before I exited my old congregation a young elder was appointed. He was married without children (they don't want any). After I exited I

heard of another young elder who was appointed (they, too, have no children and I don't think they want any either).

The service overseer was a young elder (a right big head and son of the P.O.). He and his wife didn't have children and they DEFINITELY
    didn't want any.

The Watchtower overseer was married, aged around late 40s-50, and he and his wife don't have any children. Also, I can think of a

ministerial servant waiting in the wings - and he and his wife don't want any children!

So, just going off my old congregation, the latest crop of elders and their wives are youngish and don't want children so that they can further

their work in Jehovah's service. This means:

1) They will be counselling members about family matters when they have no experience of raising children themselves and

2) Having no children, and already having to combine with another congregation, the numbers of members should drop further and faster!!

It's sad, really, for the young couples because one day they'll look back and realise they could have raised families but have wasted their

years serving a false God.

What do you think? Have you found more and more elders are young and without children?

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I know a sister who emphatically became an AAA (available after A) in the sixties. She is one of the most messed up sad creatures now.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hi I

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hi Ian,

I hope you are doing well my friend!

This is so true; especially when yuo consider the immigrant issue with a lot of untrained "spiritual leaders", many of whom have no experience in U.S. culture, sexual issues, marital issues., etc. It is pretty well known among insiders that pedophilia and sexual abuse are much more of a problem among certain "other" cultures. Should be a real mess for the leadership!

Randy Watters

http://www.freeminds.org

• bobld
    bobld

Not sure but I think their was a WT.QFR that males who got snipped couldn't be promoted.

• dinah
    dinah

Dansk,

I don't believe they are worshipping a false god, just a False Organization.

If someone speaks in the name of God and what he says doesn't come to pass, that one is a false prophet. Do not be in fear of him.

Truer words have never been written.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit