SPEEDING UP THEIR OWN DEMISE?

by Dansk 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

We all know the majority of the society's elders are absolutely useless when it comes to dealing with family matters and as I was sat here reading a number of posts it suddenly occurred to me that Watchtower may have started to speed up its own demise.

Before I exited my old congregation a young elder was appointed. He was married without children (they don't want any). After I exited I heard of another young elder who was appointed (they, too, have no children and I don't think they want any either).

The service overseer was a young elder (a right big head and son of the P.O.). He and his wife didn't have children and they DEFINITELY didn't want any.

The Watchtower overseer was married, aged around late 40s-50, and he and his wife don't have any children. Also, I can think of a ministerial servant waiting in the wings - and he and his wife don't want any children!

So, just going off my old congregation, the latest crop of elders and their wives are youngish and don't want children so that they can further their work in Jehovah's service. This means:

1) They will be counselling members about family matters when they have no experience of raising children themselves and

2) Having no children, and already having to combine with another congregation, the numbers of members should drop further and faster!!

It's sad, really, for the young couples because one day they'll look back and realise they could have raised families but have wasted their years serving a false God.

What do you think? Have you found more and more elders are young and without children?

Ian

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My daughter and her husband are waiting until after the big A to have children. He is working his way up the ranks.

Until they realise that they are making the same mistake as my parents, I hope they remain childless.

I am sure that I am the result of a broken condom. The big A was right around the corner when it broke and I am sure they were mortified at what had happened.

Cheers

Chris

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Not just elders, dear Ian. If the WTS were truly aware of the problem, they would have the rank and file rear large families like the Mormons.

I cannot count how many sisters in my age group that I have met who had their tubes tied, or brothers who had vasectomies (info which was related to me by their wives, of course). I remember a conversation that I had with one particular sister. I was becoming ill, and had begun taking medications to control my illness, still my husband and I wanted children nonetheless, and we were worried about any possible side effects my medication would have on any future pregnancy. I never forgot her reply:

"Well, that's nice, but if you don't have them now, you could always have them later -- in the new system."

I am sure that she meant well -- she was an elders' wife, very sweet, and not at all standoffish, as quite a few of them are. But that just shows how much the Borgs' mind control affects even decent people. And I agree that precious few of them fully realize the consequences of such actions. There were also a few sisters that thought that my wish to have a family was selfish; I was not putting Jehovah ahead of my base, physical desires. Excuse me? How could the desire for children be selfish? I thought it was a divine commandment (Genesis 1:28). This is a method of control that the Society has trotted out again (Rutherfords' 3rd Armageddon during WWII), and again (Knorrs' 1975 Armageddon). There is this unwritten rule that you should sacrifice even the God-given gift of procreation upon the idolatrous altar that is the WatchTower Society. It would be nice if the younger couples could talk to some of the childless older couples that regret listening to the asinine drivel that came from this most false of prophets.

Oh wait -- they cannot. Either those older ones are dead, having sadly spent their lives in vain, or fled the Society without looking back, or are still there, effectively muzzled, because we all know that the WTS will let nothing interfere in its display of 'godly devotion' -- even if means persecuting elderly people who have dedicated their whole lives to what they thought was sacred service, but in reality were servicing only the wallets and egos of the ungodly men in Brooklyn.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Certainly a new way of looking at things there, Ian. The ones who attain to eldership are in a particularly delicate position if they do have children. They have to go thru out life with thier lives under the microscope of the congo. Then they have to be unwitting combatants ( The Elders ) in the excercise of child rearing. So many examples of lives lost to "The World" as the children of elders who've become witnesses at too young an age, wind up leaving the truth.

They can't handle societal pressure from the outside world, become ingrossed in thier often chaotic course of "The Bloom of Youth", hormones, emotional onslaughts of ups and downs. Before you know it, (usually between the ages of 13 to17) you've got a runaway train, full of anger and absolutely no true understanding of what the real world is like. You see little Johnny, son of Brother so and so, the P.O. go down in a blaze of glory as he's extracted from the Kingdom Hall, and is transplanted into the loving arms of the world. It will surely be a lot easier to be an Elder in the Kingdom Hall, W/O children, than with. They become like albatrosses around thier necks.

• besty
    besty

My brother - PO - married no kids - age 40 - not having any

My former cong - PO - MTS boy - married no kids - age about 35

• Dansk
    Dansk

Chris:

I am sure that I am the result of a broken condom. The big A was right around the corner when it broke and I am sure they were mortified at what had happened.

Ah, the big 'A'. Yep, it's still all the talk and more and more young ones are being sucked in. It really is a shame for them, but at least their not having kids means they will be saved the horrors mine and millions of others went through!

Marjorie:

I cannot count how many sisters in my age group that I have met who had their tubes tied, or brothers who had vasectomies (info which was related to me by their wives, of course).

I'd forgotten about the vasectomy issue! A number of young males in my old cong had had it done even though, I think, it was supposedly frowned upon by the Society.

All in all it's a tremendously pathetic situation all round. Young couples not having children because they want more freedom to "progress" in Jehovah's service and especially because the big 'A' is so close. Then, these same childless elders who know absolutely nothing about true domestic pressures give counsel to parents on how best to look after the family! Great logic!!

Well, at least it's helping the Watchtower disintegrate faster.

Ian

• chickpea
    chickpea

in my experience, the elder body, including single elders, believes it can direct a family by referring to " the family happiness book"..... yep, all the rich complexities of family dynamic and dysfunction covered in a 192 page book, with non-yellowing pages of course.....

yeah..... well....... not!!! i swear when things finally reached a breaking point, and a "shepherding call" was offered, i told them "if ALL you are going to do is suggest we study the "family happiness" book, NO THANK YOU!!

havent heard a peep from the "body" since then..... nearly 3 years now.....

had i KNOWN it was that easy to shake these dedicated servants who truly are as useless as t!ts on a boar, i might have done it sooner........

i truly believe they do contribute to what is, i hope and pray, for the sake of the R & F, a steady decline and ultimate demise

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Chickpea:

all the rich complexities of family dynamic and dysfunction covered in a 192 page book

Says it all, doesn't it!

Ian

• blondie
    blondie

I find that that the children or no children is a cultural issue. I find that the hispanic congregations don't hold back. Seeing that the vast majority of new jws in more developed countries are the children of jws, numbers will definitely go down.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They used to criticize the Catholic Church for precisely this problem. How can they counsel families when they are not family men themselves

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit