SPEEDING UP THEIR OWN DEMISE?

by Dansk 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Their biggest flaw is expected quality and loyalty out of an unpaid leadership. Elders can and will do whatever they want and these personal decisions end up hurting more than they help.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I know that harebrained stunt they did following the April 1, 1995 Puketower study blaming Satan for personal rejection helped cut off one source of new witlesses. Had they got me lined up for a wife instead of having all the sisters reject me, there would have been children by 1997 as a result. With the pressure to get baptized by age 6, that would have started producing fruit by 2003. But, because those dodo brained witlesses decided to pull that sxxx on me instead, not only they lost 2 or 3 potential disciples, but it drove me ultimately to apostasy. No wonder I call them witlesses.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

OH Hell how I do remember the infamous District Assembly of 1988. There was a talk on the Saturday Afternoon. Responsible Chil Rearing in the Time of the End.. Basically dont have kids - the Big A is just around the corner- the system is wicked. PIONEER

My wife bless her soul said screw them and we carried on having kids

• observador
    observador

I personally know several elders with no children. And this was in Brazil, where parents with 4 or 5 kids are not uncommon. The comment - usually delivered jokingly - is "I want perfect kids", and of course, they mean in the "new system of things". ha ha ha ha

However, what I have seen too is that, in many cases, all it takes for a couple or couples to have a child is seeing a couple they respect having one. This is normal human behavior.

Observador.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

In places like Britain and the USA, they are feeling the shrink from discouraging
    having children. In the USA, the ones having children are immigrants and
    the Spanish-speaking JW's. They already got the small wave of post-1995 babies
    from the "generation" change and many are already baptized. A few are left to
    try to boost their numbers in 2008-2010.

The elders were already getting younger and childless more than 10 years ago.
    Many C.O.'s are single, slightly younger men now. Imagine the 40 year old C.O.
    who is still a virgin, giving childrearing and marital counsel. It will all just be WT
    rhetoric.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

They are going to wait till after Armageddon to have children, oh how many times I heard that, my parents said that they wished that they never had us because Armageddon was right around the corner!

• Dansk
    Dansk

.............and there's always those reaching out to be COs and DOs - so they give up any chance of having children. In my own case, I never managed to get anyone to become a JW other than my own children. Others in the congregation found the same. So, the bulk expanse in my own congregation was through those of us who had children - but today, as shown, many are foregoing having any.

From what we can see, the Society is shrinking. So how do they get 7,000,000 members!

Ian

• Marjorie
  • bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

My sister and her husband are waiting until after the Big A. So are my sister in law and her elder husband. Both couples are nearing the age where it will soon be too late to change their minds! And BOTH couples were around in 1995!!!

I've said this for many years to my sister: "If no one has any kids, how is the organization going to survive into the next century?"

Her answer: "Jehovah's blessing will bring in right-hearted ones." LOL all the way to the bank!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning (((Ian!)))..I was raised in this cult..Baby 3All PraiseBaby 3...........There has always been a Hard Core Group of JW`s.That discouraged Marriage and having Children..Machine Gun 2Machine Gun 2Wedding 3Baby 3Baby 3Baby 3Machine GunMachine Gun..............................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit