WHO SURVIVED...."75"..?

by OUTLAW 58 Replies latest social relationships

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Me. Baptized 73. Married 74. Survived 75.

The only one that really matters now is the middle one. Still married after 37 years.

Jeff

• designs
    designs

I did, I was newly married, had Pioneered for 6 years prior to 75, did all the right stuff we were told to do- meetings, service, part time work, no college and then the Bottom Dropped Out of JW World cause Freddy Lied

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Outlaw, I survived 75 and 76 was the catalyst for my escape and freedom.

I still have a bus load of inlaws stuck in the tower.

But there not blood, just out-laws.

I was 23 in 75, Born in the tower.

I had no idea how full of shxt they were until 1976, it took me until 1984 to process it,

retool and reinvent myself and escape.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

I was about 12 years of age. At 12, I figured out that all the events of Bible prophecy had not yet occured. It was a "shoulder shrug" event for me. Didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that 1975 wasn't the date.....

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I had just turned 12 when I got baptized in '73 'cause they told me I had to be if I was gonna live through it....

....they lied.

When I got home from the ASSembly that day my father had packed up and left for good.

Just another family the cult destroyed.

Maybe the Bee Gees had the Watchtower in mind when they came out with "Jive Talkin'" in the summer of '75...

• Diest
    Diest

I am 29 and when i was a kid they down played 75 by saying it was some rouge brothers and errant COs. Then I learn...by rouge they mean the guy who they made President of the the WT$ Lord Freddy Fraz. I started reading Apocalypse Delayed today....should be a good read.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Yes I was close on 30 then, married and made the decision to return to University, a great decision.

It took me until 2009 to wake up though, probably because I never had any real problems, good job, marriage and family.

My only wish is that I could wake up the family, like most JW's they have forgotten about 1975 and don't really care about it either.

George

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I was baptized in 1972 and was 22 years old in 1975. I was over-zealous for the org and 1975 did not mean much to me then. But I remember in the car groups the mature brothers talking about 1975 and what it could mean and when. Only years later did 1975 really mean anything to me.

• Emma
    Emma

I survived; pioneered from 69-most of 72 as a young person. Hey, I survived an am considered an apostate! How did that happen?

• nugget
    nugget

I was 10 I barely made it. Spent the whole year miserable because my dad and grandparents were not in the organisation and I was frightened they would all die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit