WHO SURVIVED...."75"..?

by OUTLAW 58 Replies latest social relationships

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Tee-jay,by about 1974 I was sick of all the lies and bullshit.So one day I just walked away and never came back...OUTLAW

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I was 26 in 1975 and I remember hoping that the WTS was wrong about the date because I was doing some really fun things at the time.

It was the years that led up to 1975 that screwed up my life.

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

I was 6 at the time.

One vivid memory was moving day
    in Nov. of '74.

Mom and Dad sold the house
    and we moved 10 bolocks away
    and rented a similar house.

I recall a sister putting me
    in the back of her car and
    leaving the home that my
    parents bought for $14,000
    in '68.

My parents were suckers for the
    '75 propaganda.

• JeffT
    JeffT

At age 22 I got baptized in 1973. I got caught up in all the talk about impending doom. I agree the years leading up to 1975 were the real whirlwind. By early '75 they were already starting to back pedal.

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

I was 5 years old. My baby book has 2 separate entries:
    1971: "so glad she'll never have to go to school in this system of things"
    1988: "an ammendment to the above, xxxx graduated from high school tonight"

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

wow bridgette!

• fancyschmancy28
    fancyschmancy28

I did!

I was 13. I was hoping the new system would arrive so I could be perfect. Being considered a 'loser' by my high school classmates only made surviving into 1976 worse. I then had to figure out how to survive the rest of my life. For instance, would I go to college (my mother was pro-education; go figure), would I ever be married, when would paradise arrive, etc.

Watching the older JW's sell businesses, quit jobs, go on lavish vacations (might as well see the sights while they were still around, huh?) and purchase all kinds of ridiculous items was eye opening.

Then, nothing. When 1976 rolled around, the JW's I saw looked like they were shell shocked. Now what?

That was a wake up call.

• teejay
    teejay

Yeah, Outlaw, but how old were you in 1974?

After finishing the tenth grade (May/June 1974), I dropped out of highschool. I was a believer. Then end was coming. Really.

Years passed. The end didn't come. Duh!

When it began to dawn on me that "the end" might be postponed, I contacted my old high school and inquired about adult ed. classes. I don't remember the schedule, but whatever it was, it was bad enough that I wasn't interested in going back to school. I asked if I could just cut to the chase and take the five tests that come at the end. They said yes. Each test lasted about three hours, in five different areas.

Make a long story short, I scored well enough to be awarded one of two full scholarships to the local community college. I was still such a dumbass believer that I didn't bother to use the scholarship. How I regret it now. I was around twenty.

Stupid. How stupid can a young man be?

later,
    tj

What luck for rulers that men do not think.
    -- Adolf Hitler
  • datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

I was nine. But I still remember the grown ups talking about what happened or why it didn't happen or quite a few leaving the organization over this.

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

Had 6 rifles and a cache of food in the woods along with 3 brothers from the cong, intent- SURVIVE the big 75 Armaggedon conflagration,
    couldnt allow myself to be killed in the persecution because if I died and got resurrected...NO SEX (being as angels)
    Had to get through in one piece just so I could know the mystery of woman.
    Edward

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit