E-mail from friend alerting me to emergency instruction from GB

by Wasanelder Once 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• Watkins
    Watkins

(((((((KatieKitten))))))) I'm SO sorry for what you and everyone else went through as children in the org. To my chagrin, I chose that religion as a consenting adult - but you guys never had a chance to even choose. Many times I wished I had been though and that realization of what could've been really freaks me out when I read these posts - my God! Something about that religion tries to suck every ounce of common sense out of people! Someone said: "you can't sell Armageddon without fear of Armageddon" and that's the honest truth.

I've only been under the weight of knowing the imminance of Armageddon for 22 yrs, and I haven't handled it all too well as an adult- ulcers! I cannot imagine being a child, with unformed emotions and perceptions, having to live with that kind of terror. I just can NOT imagine it! It's so unfair. My heart goes out to you all-

One thing here, though, whatever our former circumstances, we are all survivors! We all came to our senses one way or another. For me, I found God and He turned out NOT to be the Jehovah the wts sells! For centuries kind and insightful people have promoted peace, love, justice and the end of evil in the world. Do we have anything to fear if those goals become reality? No way! DO walk forward- towards the light!

watkins

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is like those dreaded "Who to contact in the event of an emergency" forms that are everywhere these days. I wonder what happens to those who are left out there alone for some reason, like a sizable percentage of Jehovah's Witlesses that leave that organization.

If that is what they are trying to establish, I wonder what they are trying to accomplish. If you put a worldly person as your contact, they are going to make you look like crap. Those strong witless families may be high profile, but they are in fact rare. (Like the one I studied with having relatives all around the state and in Italy that are in.) But, I hate to see someone fill out one of those things, and then later decide the religion is not for them. It could make it all too easy for the hounders or a dedicated family to recapture someone that they view as weakening before they have a chance to do something to get disfellowshipped for.

And what happens to the single brother-TM that is "weak"? No one is going to want to have a contact with someone that is viewed as weak. And single "sisters" are in even worse shape, since they are not as useful as single "brothers". Married couples without children or relatives in the lie are in bad shape, too. What happens if one of these people is "weak", for instance missing a lot of meetings, getting one or two hours of field circus, or does one or more of the many houndable offenses? These are going to be left out. And the "emergency" could be little more than getting a family or a cluster of men to hound a weaker "brother" back into the inner core and effectively recapture those on their way out.

If they mail me one of those things, I am going to treat it like I did the other "care" packages I have gotten from those pests. I am going to turn on my shredder and put it in there. It will eventually end up in the recycling bin as a bunch of confetti.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

MidwichCuckoo, I think you are reading too much into that form. All i see under Bank Information is a yes or no. Basically is a check list, they are not asking for it. Another thing I noticed is that there is an e-mail line, so much for us thinking they don't use it and how its demonized.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This is nothing more than a Sales Organization. Fill a person with FUD, Fear-Uncertainty-Doubt to get them to buy (or buy into) something. What do they do now they don't have the generation teaching to make the followers feel a sense of urgency? Come up each year with some prop to make everyone panic and think the "sky is falling".

12 months ago my mother in law came in a panic saying they were told at the bookstudy to stock up on long life food for the "coming" disaster. What will be the ploy next year?

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

Actually, I do believe the underlying principle here is sound. People should make these kinds of preparations for emergencies. Their little check list is not bad, it's pretty basic but a good place to start and could serve a family or close circle of friends and relatives quite well.

Having said that, I'm not about to put my preparedness in the hands of the local Walmart greeter Corps. This happens to be an area where I'm very well informed, trained and equiped. I don't need Brother Dumby getting in my way though I may be willing to drag him out of the ditch if he looks like he needs it. I am somewhat curious as to their recommeded Bug Out Bag content. I suspect that it doesn't have the same coverage as mine, especially when it comes to weapons.

I also find it interesting that they, unlike many of the rank and file, are not counting on divine intervention.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I am sooooooo glad that I am not attending any longer. They continue to put the hype into you about what IF? Common sense dictates to be prepared, moderately. Natural disasters do happen, man made ones also. I grew up in the time when people were building fall out shelters in their backyards. I also served in the military and we would have alerts and everyone would rush to the shelters on the base. They were well stocked with large caches of foodstuffs and water. The government does it so should we. But the society likes to keep up the siege mentality hype and to keep the dubs thinking that something will happen at any time. Mostly, it's the great trib. hype. Personnaly, I have a sufficient back up of personal items and food stuffs, water etc. Most importantly I have a well stocked arsenal, assault weapons, semi-auto hand guns. I am also licensed to carry a concealed weapon. DON'T COME KNOCKING AT 3 IN THE MORNING.....

• bite me
    bite me

Pets do not apply. That sucks! One subtle sign that they truly do not care. They want to know where you are at so if something, God forbid, did happen to someone they could jump on it right away and take away our your money and everything you own before your family had dibs on it.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

They started this a couple of years ago, although at first it was pretty informal with a BS conductor passing around a sheet of paper for everyone to put their information on. Anyway, I wasn't impressed. And I didn't like the false sense of urgency it gave the us at the time as it did not appear they were focusing on natural disasters.

• calrisian
    calrisian

I wonder if this is somehow connected to FEMA - and the Department of Homeland Security!?!

I know there are many pastors/ministers in the U.S. that have been recruted by FEMA to instruct their flock what to do in times of emergency or martial law.

If the WT didn't have problems entering into an agreement with the United Nations, then why not get in bed with FEMA and Homeland Security?

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I think that it would be more of an emergency if the local congregation of Jehovah's Winduptoys had my personal contact information!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit