E-mail from friend alerting me to emergency instruction from GB

by Wasanelder Once 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    I dont recall my form looking like that - NO

Thanks

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    When I was a kid I was always told that we would be able to hide in the Kingdom Hall during Armageddon. In fact, one brother told me that the KH didn't have windows so that we wouldn't have to look at the horrible destruction and dead bodies at Armageddon.

That is sick and it sucks. What an evil thing to scare a kid with.

This makes me so ANGRY because I lived my childhood in total FEAR of being tortured and persecuted due to paranoia like this. I used to have dreams about the great tribulation and all the terrible things that would happen, death and destruction. Its no way to bring up a child.

• sspo
    sspo

Less than a year ago they were only asking for your phone number and a family member or friend as alternate, their address and phone.

Never seen any form to be filled out unless it's something new that "loving FDS came up with recently"

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

THAT IS SO WRONG...are all dubs issued with this? It's intrusive - reminded me of blood 'card' which made me angry.

KK = I had a gutful of making bean filled toys when I was a kid so we;d have something to eat in the great tribulation when THEY came to get us. It was terrifying.

Really KK? Unbelieveable.

• UU Now
    UU Now

Interesting that the scanned form asks whether each member of the household is baptized. I'm not sure how that's relevant to providing assistance in a disaster.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Lol - BANKING INFORMATION? Bloody intrusive. The blood thing made me angry - giving the ''Elders'' access to medical records. The point?? Would a bunch of uneducated 'Glorious Ones' understand 'medical notes/history' - and for what?? Nosey lowlifes.

• PEC
    PEC
    Do the contacts know they are on this form?

WTF, they better ask before giving out my information.

Philip

• Es
    Es

ROFL

• rache31
    rache31

Good point, UU Now! Why do they care about who's baptized in the household? Oh, that's right. Unbelieving mates and undecided kids who should've been dunked will die, so that's less emergency supplies needed.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Did I read it right that they will give the pub the brochure after receiving the completed form??

They hold the imminent live-saving info (from the Red Cross) hostage until they receive the personal info they desire?

It really is all about control.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit