E-mail from friend alerting me to emergency instruction from GB

by Wasanelder Once 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Is this for real? They are really expecting the sheep to do this? Or is this just invented?

Nothing runs deeper than paranoia for them, so I don't doubt it really.

Jeff

• conanne
    conanne

This just reminded me of a meeting in the mid 70's with the brothers telling us how our brothers and sisters in South America were being thrown in prison and that we should all prepare for that to happen to us in the U.S. It was the scariest thing. I remember having nightmares about it.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Here is my question: What's in it for watchtower???? Down my parts they elders have been hounding everyone about filling these emergency preparedness forms. I am wondering if the government is offering incentives in the form of funds, if they get their members to be prepared in case of disaster.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I've seen one of those forms...

I was amazed... it all seems to be driving the hype !!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

AO saw the form. Can anyone scan one and post it?

Jeff

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I'm afraid it was only a chance to look at it, not to get a copy

From what I remember, it was a few months ago.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    They will then give us a brochure to have that will tell us where to meet and what to have in our bags so we can grab them and leave in a hurry

They're only looking for a lame excuse to make themselves feel important, not to mention add to the paranoia that exists in this "time of the end". Zzzzzzzzzz.....

• sir82
    sir82
    Here is my question: What's in it for watchtower????

As noted earlier, the WTS got gobsmacked by Katrina. Months later, there were still literally thousands of JWs unaccounted for - at least, unaccounted for within the congregational framework (there was a letter read to the congregations essentially asdmitting this). Tons of congregational records were washed away as well.

I have a hunch that many of those "missing" ones took full advantage fo the situation to fade from view.

By having JWs fill out forms listing contact points, alternate phone numbers, etc., it makes it eassier for elders & COs to track down "missing" members should another large-scale disaster occur. It's all about control.

• wednesday
    wednesday

During Katrina and the other hurricane that followed we got a call from a book study conductor to get our contact info. I asked them then if there was to be a meeting place if we had a disaster happen. he said no, they just want to know where we are at. I also asked if the rather large assembly hall in a city abut 30 miles from here could be used as a place for victims and he said no the wts is not providing any shelters.

• erynw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit