WOULD WOMEN MAKE GOOD ELDERS?

by Dansk 74 Replies latest jw friends

• UU Now
    UU Now
    So on the whole no, there are no hot, compassionate women who like and respect me [snip]

Gee, I wonder why?

• Magick
    Magick
    everyone knows that a woman's menstrual cycle and physical brain size justifies and establishes a mans authority in the organization. (see August 22, 1967 Awake! magazine)

here's a good scripture:

20 She lusted after lovers with genitals as large as a donkey’s and emissions like those of a horse. Ezekiel 23:20 (New Living Translation)
  • R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

At 23:20 most women are in that mood and it can wear a mere mortal out in no time. Is it any wonder we're nervous breakdowns in need of recovery?

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Well, ok, could and would be just as capable as a man in the job. Men gossip too, judge, etc. It's not a gender specific thing whatsoever. After all, how does all the info leak out about why "so and so" got reproved, dfed etc.?

A better question, why would anyone want to be an elder?? Male or female. Long hours, no pay, following the letter of the GB law. Thanks but no thanks!

• Warlock
    Warlock

MARY WOULD MAKE A FANTASTIC ELDER. ....I've often told her that....

I will NOT be this Hillary's Bill!!!!!

Warlock

• beksbks
    beksbks
    All men with large packed lunches would be surrounded by sisters feeding the crumbs under thier table and they would minister to them so be appointed MS. All men with less than ample packages would be disfellowshipped - but not necessarily in that order. R. Crusoe
    She lusted after lovers with genitals as large as a donkey’s and emissions like those of a horse. Ezekiel 23:20

Looks like Ezekiel agrees with R. Crusoe on this.

• Magick
    Magick

As a member of one of the many women who would have made an excellent "elder"...

I will suffice to say that many (*insert not all) on this board have left jehovah's witnesses, but forgot to leave the archaic hierarchy of gender back at the kingdom hall with their bookbags.

Jehovah's Witnesses view women as inferior to men. Period. Much like ancient Jewish societies.

"Sin began with a woman and thanks to her we all must die" Ecclesiasticus, 25:18, 19 & 33

Eve was Adam's "helper" and he was her "master." Women are to "remain silent" in the congregation...not to go ahead of any man. (elder, ms, baptized brother, husband) Women are in submission to men and are not allowed to pray ro preach inside the congregation without proper hat wear. etc. etc. etc.

I have seen this same treatment of women (except from the few "enlightened" individuals) from ex-jws. If a man were to keep any "belief" from his former religion ...this is a handy rule to have.

The treatment of women as inferior began in the bible. Ancient art & history (example Greek & Roman literature) show a different unfolding of women's roles.

The only guy who stood up for women was Jesus.

The old testament taught women were unclean, inferior...and their treatment & life were severely restricted and negative.

When Jesus came around, he treated women and men as equals. He cured of a woman who suffered from menstrual bleeding. He talked to foreign women. He taught women. Half of his disciples were women. After his resurrection, He appeared first to a woman. Women were there when he died, the guys ran away.

After Jesus left, his disciples did a good job of keeping women equal. They received Holy Spirit, preached, were disciples, apostles, prophesied, church leaders, held meetings in their homes etc.

notice: Galatians 3:28: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

AFTER Jesus and the death of the apostles...the inferior status of women returned.

I mean look what Martin Luther said: "If they [women] become tired or even die, that does not matter. Let them die in childbirth, that's why they are there."

I'm rushing here, but you get my point.

Gotta run to an appointment...you all have fun! (I leave this post unedited LOL)

• beksbks
    beksbks

I tend to blame Paul.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Women would make better elders, because they can always tell us over-testosteroned males "I gave birth to you, and you better damn well listen to me...or I'll slap you up-side the head, and then you better say 'thank you, Mom, I needed that!'"

On a more serious note: There a numerous social constructs where women really do hold the power, both socially and financially.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

On a more serious note: There a numerous social constructs where women really do hold the power, both socially and financially.

I think you still have time to edit that out, ona.

Quickly.

LMAO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit