WOULD WOMEN MAKE GOOD ELDERS?

by Dansk 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

I've come to love and cherish much of the wisdom that emanates from the dear ladies of this forum and believe Watchtower boobed in making all women subservient to the men. So, do YOU think women would make good elders?

Ian

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

You mean be perfect administrators of equality, compassion and understanding respecting both sexes?

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Women have great compasion .. so I think they would be great elders and be able to help and counsel people.

Ofcourse ,,, it would be even better of elders actually had had an education for the job, like a counsellor or pastor actually gets

• Dansk
    Dansk
    You mean be perfect administrators of equality, compassion and understanding respecting both sexes?

I can see you understand where I'm coming from! Ian

• brinjen
  • Dansk
    Dansk

Hey, Brinjen, LOL,

Not discounting your pop-corn gag, your avatar makes it appear you're looking for a sensible answer!

Ian

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It would definitely change the dynamic! All men with large packed lunches would be surrounded by sisters feeding the crumbs under thier table and they would minister to them so be appointed MS. All men with less than ample packages would be disfellowshipped - but not necessarily in that order. And gorgeousness may gain you a reprieve!

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

It is really hard to imagine that.

I just don't think it would be the same religion.

Also can you imagine the affairs that would go on. " Just off to an elder's meeting love, yes I know it is the third one this week ...No I can't tell you what it's about. I may be quite late ...No, of course I will have to keep my phone switched off ...It's Jehovahs' work."

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

A lot depends on the woman appointed. There was a sister in the congregation that I went to who was so hell bent to be someone. She wished she could be an elder and she took great pride in the fact that she saw herself as an "older sister". But she was one of the biggest militants I have ever met in the org. She didn’t have any ability of compassion whatsoever. The amount of people she hurt was unforgivable.

Best not to assume that a women would be anymore compassionate than any man, although I will say that they do tend to be. But in my old hall, most of the women badly lacked compassion and I don’t think they would have made good elders. Saying that, the elders that were there were pretty crap as well. Do we have to have elders anyway?

Although, imagine having a judicial committee with 3 hot women elders, talking about your sexual exploits in front of them. That’s going to be my fantasy for the next few days. Wonder how I would be disciplined……???

• Vivamus
    Vivamus
    Also can you imagine the affairs that would go on. " Just off to an elder's meeting love, yes I know it is the third one this week ...No I can't tell you what it's about. I may be quite late ...No, of course I will have to keep my phone switched off ...It's Jehovahs' work."

I can just see all the men doing that, yeah ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit