WOULD WOMEN MAKE GOOD ELDERS?

by Dansk 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    I've come to love and cherish much of the wisdom that emanates from the dear ladies of this forum and believe Watchtower boobed in making all women subservient to the men. So, do YOU think women would make good elders?

Well, I tell you what, I wouldn't mind being pulled into the back room by the ladies here at JWD. I might even get in trouble, just for the privilege.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

absolutely they would - and far fewer people would get disfellowshipped

• Mary
    Mary
    MARY WOULD MAKE A FANTASTIC ELDER. ....I've often told her that....
    I will NOT be this Hillary's Bill!!!!!

Warlock

No, you'd just be disfellowshipped. Probably for gross indecency or trying ta take the wine at the Memorial.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

There are in fact many sisters who have a much deeper and broader grasp of the bible than some elders I have known. Coupe that with compassion and you never know. On the other hand, can they temper their hormones? Go figure.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I would love to have three hot elderette's sitting in on my JC, Oooooooh the possiblities!

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I believe if women were in charge, life would be better all the way around.

• JK666
    JK666

No, women would make lousy elders.

They would be compassionate to those in the flock.

They would be just in their decisions.

They would do what is right.

They would treat everyone in the congregation with respect.

They would not be "Yes Men."

IT WOULD DRIVE THE GOVERNING BODY CRAZY! (or crazier)

JK

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

JK - I love you!!

BB

• onacruse
    onacruse

nvr:

On a more serious note: There a numerous social constructs where women really do hold the power, both socially and financially.

I think you still have time to edit that out, ona.

So, how about this?:

Women are stupid, men are smart.

Therefore, logic requires that women could never (nvr LOL) be good elders.

Craig (of the "itching-to-take-a-spanking" class)

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Well, first off it's all just hypothetical as, like you, I believe this (and all) cults are flawed.

Also, I'm not necessarily saying things would improve - that's why I'm throwing the question out to others.

The problem with brining women into leadership is that there would be no substantive change of the doctrine, the reason I believe this is that some of the most hard core true believers in JW doctrine are women. I can think of 12 or 15 right off the top of my head from my previous experiences in Dub-dumb that fit that criteria.

Either way, I think it is an interesting question.

ANY male elder? Given the existence of pedophile elders, the J-Dub women you have experience with must be really horrible, otherwise, your assertion appears to be indicative of a sexist attitude.

144 thousand and dumb, I am glad that you are still on this site to pounce on any comment I make. It gives me a sense of security that someone of your stature thinks so highly of my posts that you just can't wait to attack with smarmy and cowardly attacks. Have you ever thought of getting a life?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit