They want to make me an elder :-O

by outofthebox 91 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

My mind is all over the place, like your comments. See? It is not easy. I have all those toughts in my mind right now.

I like the idea of coming out of the A-closet after the apointment. I know there is nothing to prove to myself about the Borg. But, it may help some people (including my family) to see that there is no spoon. Maybe not.

• chickpea
    chickpea

whoa!

access to the vestibule of the inner sanctum..... heady stuff, i have to think

quite the horns to be situated upon as far as dilemmas go.....

both sides of the issue have merit..... but which one do you actually desire to make a part of your life? as was already pointed out, the added burdens and time constraints of an elder's lot will be tremendous..... that alone is daunting to consider!!

whatever you determine to do, if it is best for you, then it is the right choice

godspeed

c/p

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

No. Don't do it, it will make it harder to fade later. If you want to DA then do what you will. The load is enough to make you wacky. I don't need copies of the BOE letters so bad that I would encourage you to get sucked into that nightmare. W.Once

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Isn't it incredible that the elders see me as a spiritual 'brother' now that I don't believe in it anymore?

I guess the 10+ hours is as spiritual as you can get inside the WT.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I say go for it, there is a definite need of someone of sound mind in the BOE, and one who will consider the R&F as human rather than sheep (animals) to keep track of and herd. Access to those letters from Mom etc. would be priceless. think it through tho.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

There is no way in hell I could do it, oh wait, I have ovaries, that is a truer statement than I thought. But if you are going to do it....get appointed, and at your first service meeting talk, start giving a talk about the holy spirit and how it influences the headship principal in every congregation, that Jehovah's spirit guides the elders in making decisions, before you land the punchline. That its all a crock of BS. Sure, the elders might look at you at first, thinking this isn't the right talk, wtf? But until you land the plane, they won't know what's up

But keep in mind, you said you are still "in" for your family, becoming an elder and then dissing the org is a one way ticket to shunville, ASAP. So, how are you going to marry the two objectives you have going on? Screw the watchtower over and save your family relationship? Something to consider, seriously.

• watson
    watson
    Isn't it incredible that the elders see me as a spiritual 'brother' now that I don't believe in it anymore?

There is a level of confidence that comes with your realization that outwardly appeals to the body. They are looking for any help they can get.

• Open mind
    Open mind

An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will

(Just thought you might want a little pagan, wiccan perspective as long as your thoughts are all over the place.)

Open Mind

• skyking
    skyking

Take it from an ex-one don;t do it. The cross hair will be on you. It is hard to hide your true self.

Nothing but trouble will come from it.

But is it not funny that the HOLY SPIRIT would be wrong again, and agian and again.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

In a way, you must feel flattered. If you do it, would you get "inside" information to share with us? We always need more moles. If you do it, how will you handle your own conscience? I heard one elder say that he tells people . . . "the Society says..." But, what will you do when it comes to a serious issue like pedophilia & blood? The pressure of answering to these llife/death & serious situations would be too much for my conscience. I couldn't tell a person to follow the Society on a blood issue or a pedophile issue or a family abuse situation. You will see those situations. Think about the seriousness of the situations you will be asked to judge. If you can do it or find a way to tell both sides of these stories...then go for it. You are more of a man than I. Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit