They want to make me an elder :-O

by outofthebox 91 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

This is the third elder that tells me that the body of elders will recommend me as an elder in the next visit of the CO.

What do you think I should do? Will the holy spirit let it happen?

Some facts:

1. I am still 'in' because of my family.
    2. I am MS.
    3. I am doing 10+ fake hours (well, some months it is fake), so they see my "spiritual" progress.

-ootb

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I wouldn't do it, it would be dishonest.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

We need someone to 'take one for the gipper' Lack of elders on this site has limited our reading of the important BOE letters, particularly the latest Abuse letters. Go for it. Good Luck

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I agree that you shouldn't do it.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Are you an atheist? Now that would be interesting to see.

Seriously, I could not play that game. I could not deceive to that level. My conscience would not permit. I could not hold on the MS title if I knew the 'truth about the truth'. I just couldn't do it. Can you? No condemnation of whatever choice you make. But I could not do it myself.

Jeff

• JK666
    JK666

Run away ootb, run away!

JK

• mavie
    mavie

It's a personal choice and one that only you can decide. No one here can tell you if it's right or wrong. You have to live it.

Good luck.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

It does put you in a position to be able to help people that are in...but it won't be easy on you at all.

It's a personal choice.

Good luck.

WLG

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Wait and see if the "holy spirit" guides them to appoint you an elder. Then decide.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Alot more would be expected of you as an elder. Talks, assignments, etc. You probably feel like you sacrifice enough of your life to the 'tower, do you really want to give them more?

But on the other hand, you WOULD be in a beautiful position to help others.

As stated, it's your call. Hopefully various perspectives will help you make it.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit