WT loses appeal in UK!!!!!!!

by Viva la Vida 76 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's the persecution we have been expecting - it shows how how close to the end of this wicked system we are. You can almost smell the rotting corpses of worldly people ,,,,

I await the final outcome.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Now it makes sense to me, that the publications storage is moved from UK to Germany.

So it will be very easy to move the printing also to germany if they lose the charity status.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

It really annoys me that they arrogantly feel they are above the law.

They couldn't even follow the proper appeals procedure.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"Worldly" charitable works, here we come!! LOL!!!!

DD

• St George of England
    St George of England

I wonder if the new UK HQ at Chelmsford will be put on hold?

George

• apostrate
    apostrate
    WT lost its appeal to me over thirty years ago.
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth
    Article on original investigation:
    " It emerged yesterday that the congregation held three “disfellowship” meetings during which the women were repeatedly asked to read a scripture on bearing false witness and consider what it meant. A source told theManchester Evening News: “They had to go through the abuse in detail and were asked if they encouraged it. One of the victims was asked if she had enjoyed it.“At the third meeting, Rose was present. He questioned the women in detail about the abuse with no one stepping in to stop bullying as would happen in court. The victims had already done this in court, which elders attended. But even though it was very distressing, they bravely went through it again.”
    The spokesman said the church would not seek to shield those guilty of committing abuse and that elders were “responsible for shepherding the flock”.“When any one of Jehovah’s Witnesses is accused of an act of child abuse, the local congregation elders are expected to investigate. If a victim wishes to address a matter, this can be done directly or in writing. No victims are forced to attend a meeting or confront an alleged perpetrator of child abuse,” it said in a statement.
    Fay Maxted, chief executive of the Survivors’ Trust said: “This shows a complete lack of understanding of the impact of sexual abuse on a victim and of how a perpetrator might behave. It shows a complete disregard for any kind of child protection or safeguarding policies.”
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/jehovahs-witness-abuse-victims-quizzed-by-their-attacker-at-church-9421040.html

• Half banana
    Half banana

Surely the Watchtower is the worlds most uncharitable charity?

As I understand, they sent a letter a month or two back to the congs in South London at least, saying that in future all new KH developments will not be tax exempt... Perhaps they had anticipated losing this case and to keep the Charity Commission from nosing into their affairs they would rather forgo the tax benefits, which has already been mentioned by 88JM and will probably only affect the small gift aid donations boost.

Nevertheless any legal pressure to reduce the effectiveness of this disreputable organisation is a nail in their coffin.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    The Watchtower teaches that evolution is a lie. Let's see how quickly they evolve when they lose their charitable status.
  • besty
    besty

what the Watchtower says:

"Child abuse is abhorrent.”

what the Watchtower does:

19. The period of delay in making the application to the Tribunal is one of over six months. I consider that this to be a significant and serious period of delay, especially in the context of the nature of the Respondent’s concerns in this case. I give weight to the fact that the Respondent’s inquiry and Production Order relate to safeguarding matters which could, as I have noted above, logically concern on-going risks to people who are still children.

They have planned a litigation strategy which a judge states involves ongoing risk to children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit