January '08 "Keep on the Watch" brochure campaign cancelled

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

"Priests sexually exploit young people; church cover-up. Decline in attendance; church buildings sold."

They had almost the same statement in the tract campaign 12 months ago. My guess is that the people that write these tracts are not fully aware of what has been happening within the Watchtower Society, as few Witnesses i am aware of (including my CO father) were aware of the recent court settlements. Someone must have wised up to the extend of the negative publicity on the internet the Watchtower has been receiving about their cover up of pedophiles.

For example, if a JW does a search on Google with an string of terms such as "watchtower campaign pedophile priests" or "watchtower pedophile priests" and almost all the links show what is happening within the WTS.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Elders are molesting, WT is paying out and they just sold one Brooklyn building for 50MILLION dollars(!!!) and have a bunch more on the market. THEY are the sign of the times! Wonder how many more lawsuits are in the pike?

• Farkel
    Farkel

:I'll explain as soon as I get a valid second 'witness'.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Farkel

• heretic
    heretic

I think this was in publication from the early 90s maybe, i recognise the wording

or maybe its 5pm friday and time to get slaughtered! dont try this at home kids...

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I don't believe in everything I hear. Watching for what? Global Floods or the end of the world.

Would it make a difference, NO

alt

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Canceled due to a name change in the Org and others

"Christian Pedophile Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses"

"Announcing the Pedophile Kingdom"

144,000 Priestly Pedophiles

The unfaithful and undiscreet pedophile class

It's a pedophiles paradise.

The Pedophiles Watch from our Tower

• pseattle
    pseattle

"....WT is paying out and they just sold one Brooklyn building for 50MILLION dollars(!!!) and have a bunch more on the market. THEY are the sign of the times! Wonder how many more lawsuits are in the pike?"

Hey, speaking of WTS real estate.... anybody besides me think this was, er, interestingly timed?

(Link: http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071130/NEWS/711300363)

Expansion proposed for Watchtower Farms

The Jehovah's Witnesses are proposing major improvements at Watchtower Farms complex in the Town of Shawangunk. Times Herald-Record/KEN BIZZIGOTTI

By Paul Brooks

Times Herald-Record
    pbrooks@th-record.com
    November 30, 2007

Shawangunk — Watchtower Farms wants to add millions of dollars worth of living, parking and support space to its massive complex on Red Mills Road.

The Jehovah's Witnesses organization has filed preliminary paperwork with the Town of Shawangunk Planning Board. The town wants to be the lead agency on the environmental review of the proposal. The county Planning Board is to review that designation at its meeting next week.

Watchtower Farms wants to add 300 living units, a 400-space parking garage and a three-story building for recreation and equipment. It also wants to add to the existing dining room, laundry and dry cleaning facilities, according to the documents.

The expansion, if approved, would not take any of the land out of current agricultural use or take land off the existing tax rolls, according to Troy Snyder. He is part of the management team at the farm. This expansion would not impact the school district.

"Some of the residence housing was built in the '60s and '70s, much of it in dormitory style. We are trying to upgrade the living quarters. It's a quality of life issue," he said. The parking and support services go along with that work.

The work would begin next year or perhaps even later. "We haven't gotten to that stage at this point," he said. Snyder did not have a cost estimate yet.

The farm is exempt from property taxes, according to town officials. If the property was taxed, the bill would be about $2 million.

On the other hand, "You can't get better neighbors," said Shawangunk Assessor Curt Schoeberl. Watchtower has helped the town build a park and rail trail. When winds downed trees all over town, Watchtower sprung into action with its equipment and people to help, Schoeberl said.

Such religious and other groups are under heightened scrutiny from town officials. A recent court ruling allows governments to reject the property tax exemptions in some cases. Assessors will be taking another look at some organizations as a result, Schoeberl said.

Property tax exemptions*

Ulster County: 14.4 percent

Orange County: 18.72 percent

Sullivan County: 19.03 percent

*Wholly exempt, 2006 roll
  • AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Thank you for this - I'm sure that you are right about this.

Here is the December 2007 UK Kingdom Ministry text :

ANNOUNCEMENTS
    • Literature offer for
    December: The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived. As an alternative offer, you may use the book Draw Close to Jehovah.
    January: Any 192-page book published prior to 1991 and the Knowledge book if it is in stock in the congregation. If you do not have a supply of these books you may offer the brochure Keep on the Watch!
    February: Is There a Creator Who Cares About You? or The Secret of Family Happiness.

March: What Does the Bible Really Teach? Make a diligent effort to start Bible studies.

Here is the January 2008 UK Kingdom Ministry text :

ANNOUNCEMENTS
    • Literature offer for

January: Any 192-page book published prior to 1991 and the Knowledge book if it is in stock in the congregation. If you do not have a supply of these books you may offer the brochure Keep on the Watch!

February: Is There a Creator Who Cares About You? or The Secret of Family Happiness.

March: What Does the Bible Really Teach? Make a diligent effort to start Bible studies.

April: The Watchtower and Awake! magazines. A special effort will be made to visit and start a Bible study with newly interested people who attended the Memorial and the special public talk but who are not actively associated with the congregation.

It's not just the child abuse issue; the Watchtower have also sold off some of their buildings (both on page 3)

Cover of "Keep On The Watch" :

alt

Page 3 :

alt

Here is the entire brochure :

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=2yt0mcx11jf

The download button is on the right hand side of the screen. You have to enter the "bot proof" first. Sorry - trying to find another file host.

• justhuman
    justhuman

That's bad...if the end comes we would know about it now

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Typical of this leadership.

What a bunch.

Besides the abuse scandal issue, you can also put them in with Churches back wars angle too. Why? Well these idiots partnered with the UN from 1992 to 2001 and in doing so voluntarily agreed to the principles of the UN Charter. And what is in the little old UN Charter you ask? Why there is this niffty Chapter 7 that allows countrys to go to war (eg. Korean Conflict and the Iraq Wars just to name a few).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit