January '08 "Keep on the Watch" brochure campaign cancelled

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 5go
    5go

Interesting, I never heard they were doing another lousy brochure maybe they realized they do not work. Reality is these brochure campaigns are hurting them, on the English side at least.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

kpp.2Contents***

Contents

Page

WhereIsThisWorldHeading?

Does God Really Care?

WhatDoesItAllMean?

The Last Days of What?

Is the Bible Really God’s Word?

What Is God’s Kingdom?

WhereIsYourLifeHeading?

What Is Most Important to You?

Are Your Choices Leading You to Where You Really Want to Go?

‘TheHourofJudgment’HasArrived

When Will the End Come?

Would It Make a Difference if You Knew?

The Issue of Sovereignty

ANewWorldAccordingtoGod’sPromise

The God Who Promises These Things

What Changes Will "New Heavens and a New Earth" Bring?

Will You Benefit?

PayingAttentionSavedTheirLives

"TheyTookNoNote"

Was There Really a Global Flood?

Were Sodom and Gomorrah Actually Destroyed?

"ThatYouMayNotEnterIntoTemptation"

"AboveAllThings,HaveIntenseLove"

HelptoUnderstandtheBible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

kppp.3-5WhereIsThisWorldHeading?***

Where

IsThisWorldHeading?

Serious problems and shocking events have become everyday news around the world! What does it mean?

PERSONAL

SECURITY: Bombs set off in marketplaces. Teachers and students shot in school. Infants snatched away when parents turned their backs. Women and elderly men mugged in broad daylight.

THE

RELIGIOUSSCENE: Churches back factions in war. Clergy charged in genocide. Priests sexually exploit young people; church cover-up. Decline in attendance; church buildings sold.

THE

ENVIRONMENT: Forests stripped for commercial ventures. Woodlands laid bare by the poor in search of fuel. Groundwater polluted, unsafe to drink. Fishing ruined by industrial waste and some modern methods. Air choked with pollution.

EARNING

ALIVING: Per capita income for sub-Saharan Africa reported to be about $480 (U.S.) a year. Corporate greed leads to business collapse, leaving thousands without work. Fraud causes investors to lose life savings.

FOOD

SHORTAGES: Some 800,000,000 people worldwide regularly go to bed hungry.

WAR:

Over 100,000,000 people lost their lives as a result of war in the 20th century. Enough nuclear weapons on hand to destroy all mankind many times. Civil wars. Terrorism reaches out to engulf the globe.

PESTILENCE

ANDOTHERILLNESS: Starting in 1918, the Spanish flu killed 21,000,000 people. AIDS has now become "the most devastating pandemic in human history." Cancer and heart disease bring grief worldwide.

Look beyond the single news items. Are they isolated events? Or are they part of a global pattern that has real significance?

[Box/Picture

onpage 5]

Does

GodReallyCare?

Distressed by shocking events or by severe personal loss, many people wonder why God does not intervene to prevent such things.

God

doescare. He provides sound guidance and genuine relief now. (Matthew 11:28-30; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17) He has laid the basis for permanently putting an end to violence, sickness, and death. His provisions show that he cares not merely for people of one nation but for people of all nations, tribes, and tongues.—Acts 10:34, 35.

How

muchdowecare? Do you know who the Creator of heaven and earth is? What is his name? What is his purpose? He answers these questions in the Bible. There he tells us what steps he is taking to put an end to violence as well as sickness and death. In order to benefit, what is required on our part? We need to learn about him and his purpose. How can we expect to benefit from his provisions unless we show faith in him? (John 3:16; Hebrews 11:6) It is also necessary to obey his requirements. (1 John 5:3) Doyoucare enough to do that?

To comprehend why present conditions are permitted by God, we must understand a vital issue. The Bible explains it. On page 15 of this publication, this issue is identified.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Keep On the Watch is not a tract that would have been given away at every household like the blanket campaigns that we may be thinking of . This is a 32 page brochure, the one with a dull brown cover and a picture of an old man reading a newspaper next to a globe of the world..

If it was to be featured, and now is not, I do not think it is a big deal..

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I was in Bethel long enough to know that something like this that appears to be a "non-issue" is really an issue. Congregations around where I am now already have hundreds in stock, so now what's to be done if not pushed them on householders?

I think I know what's up, will confirm outside of JWD and return to the subject.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Interesting, Very Very Interesting !!!

• sir82
    sir82

There was a huge "Keep on the Watch" campaign about 3 or 4 years ago. One of those "cover all of your territory in 4 weeks or less" deals, designed to stir up enthusiasm among the R&F.

The regular, normal "literature offer' for January 2008 was scheduled to be the "Keep on the Watch" brochure. But it was not supposed to be a "special" campaign, just what you offered if you didn't offer the magazines.

There is a brief Kingdom Ministry "announcement" explaining that the regular "literature offer" for January 2008 changed to [something I can't remember]. No reason was given. My best guess is that they have stopped printing the KOTW brochure, and didn't have enough on hand to ship out to the congregations.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

I agree with Billy the Ex-Bethelite.

I was in bethel long enough to know logistics arent the problem.

I was in bethel just after they had filmed the new 'welcome to bethel" video to be played prior to the bethel tour.

it was a great vid apart from just after it was installed, it was taken away and replaced.

The reason? Guess......

Is that close Billy?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Keep On the Watch is not a tract that would have been given away at every household like the blanket campaigns that we may be thinking of . This is a 32 page brochure, the one with a dull brown cover and a picture of an old man reading a newspaper next to a globe of the world..

If it was to be featured, and now is not, I do not think it is a big deal..

ditto

• jeanV
    jeanV

Could it be different from country to country? offer for Jan was always any 192 page book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit