January '08 "Keep on the Watch" brochure campaign cancelled

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Have you tried Humyo? It looks pretty good, but I've not used it properly yet.

Thanks for the scan.

It looks like you have to register for it - I'll take a look. Thanks

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Thanks for the help. Found an interesting side note on page 30, where it says covering serious sins would be wrong, and to allow gross sinners to continue huting or victimizing innocent ones would be unloving!

• WTNightmare00
    WTNightmare00

I hope the door to the ark is sealed air tight!

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I posted a blog on my myspace about this....rather quick I know but look at the comments too it. Plus I ripped this board off and didn't give credit...so yea...

Clickey Here

• Roddy
    Roddy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you, dear reader, happen to have a copy of the Keep on the Watch brochure, please open to page 3. Notice right smack dab in the middle of the page, this statement (Why they couldn't use complete sentences, I don't know. Maybe they didn't have time to do more than mere fragments since Armageddon was so very near.):

"Priests sexually exploit young people; church cover-up. Decline in attendance; church buildings sold."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's the #1 reason for the cancelation. Frankly I'm surprised someone at the WTS was awake at the helm to catch this before the fallout.

They should give that company-man a double-portion of dessert at the next dinner for saving the WTS from going from an embarrising situation to a ridiculous one. But to the WTS's chagrin, the toothpaste is already squeezed out of the tube: The brochures were sent out to the congregations, the KM informed the membership, and I'm sure there were KM skits done on the stage during the Service Meeting showing presentations and highlights.

A campaign cancelled? This is unheard of! Even for me given my many years with the JWs!!!

Some of the more thinking JWs will think, consider what's going on, and add things up. That's good! The others will continue brain-dead as usual.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Here's the notice.

Oddly, the Announcements in the January KM still says, "Literature offer for January:Keep on the Watch! Congregations that do not have a supply of such brochures may offer any 192-page book printed on paper that discolors or any book published prior to 1991 with the exception of..."

The local congregation still has several hundred copies in stock. I heard another congregation that tried to order more copies a few months ago were only sent 10 copies. That particular piece of crap brochure was released in 2004 and is already out of print?

Let's try this headline:

NEW LIGHT !!

PEDOPHILE PRIESTS ARE NOT SO BAD AFTER ALL !! COMPLETELY REASONABLE WHEN CHURCHES LIQUIDATE PROPERTY !!

• KW13
    KW13

That's the #1 reason for the cancelation. Frankly I'm surprised someone at the WTS was awake at the helm to catch this before the fallout.

They should give that company-man a double-portion of dessert at the next dinner for saving the WTS from going from an embarrising situation to a ridiculous one. But to the WTS's chagrin, the toothpaste is already squeezed out of the tube: The brochures were sent out to the congregations, the KM informed the membership, and I'm sure there were KM skits done on the stage during the Service Meeting showing presentations and highlights.

A campaign cancelled? This is unheard of! Even for me given my many years with the JWs!!!

Some of the more thinking JWs will think, consider what's going on, and add things up. That's good! The others will continue brain-dead as usual.

i agree, however two questions.

ONE: Are JW's themselves aware that there was a campaign

TWO: While the campaign itself is cancelled, do witnesses still have the brochure?

----

Question ONE being most important...thanks.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Thank you BILLY.

Is it possible to upload the scan of the letter to somewhere like www.tinypic.com please - it has been shrunk by JWD.

Many thanks again.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think it's been changed to "Rehashing the same tired old message, and making it sound fresh and exciting." Or "Armageddon, This time it's for real."

• V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit