January '08 "Keep on the Watch" brochure campaign cancelled

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Hey, I remember that brochure! That's the one I gave to my boy to chew on! Glad to know that it's working against the JWs now :)

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "January: Any 192-page book published prior to 1991..."

I have a question. I have been gone so long - perhaps there is a 'logical' explanation for this (or perhaps they were doing it when I was still a JW - and it never raised my 'spidey-sense' like it does now.)

They're statement 'published prior to 1991' - why does that seem odd to me? Why prior to 1991? They then follow it with a statement of 'if in stock' - (or some such).

Are they trying to purge their system of any/all publications (okay - '192-page' ones) published prior to 1991?

I'm sure someone has commented on this before - and I just missed it. (I'm slow, okay?)

Regards,

Jim TX

• horrible life
    horrible life

I was wondering the same thing Jim. Why prior to 1991? Just them listing what I should sell, should scream in the rank and files faces!

This con, just can't keep on going.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I was wondering the same thing Jim. Why prior to 1991? Just them listing what I should sell, should scream in the rank and files faces!

This con, just can't keep on going.

I'm pretty sure it's a stock-clearance thing... some of the KMs say, "...or any book printed on paper that yellows".

Sounds like they want to clear stuff out before it goes manky.

• zamora251978
    zamora251978

They do that every year...Has any one read the new edition of the revelations book? I haven't had time yet. Apparently there is new light in it. I still have my old book that my mother says does not apply. I will start reading it in January. I will let ya'll know of any changes that I see.

Lu

• horrible life
    horrible life

Zamora, somebody posted about this, and some instructions for printing off little peel and stick labels that some JW came up with. They should sell them, and make a fortune, with all of the "New Light" they would always have a steady stream of business! LOL

AlphaOmega MANKEY~ I learned a new word today. Thank you.

manky

To be spoilt or become defective.

I tried to cook a roast dinner but it came out all manky.
    My bicycle's front wheel is manky.

oozy and/or crusty

the baby is manky

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definition: (Chiefly British and particularly Scottish) Dirty, used, but also maimed, mutilated, or otherwise defective.

Usage: The term was borrowed by Scots English in the 16th century as "mank." Since expanding more broadly through Britain it has accumulated the common adjective suffix "-y." Though neither the Oxford nor Cambridge dictionaries list "mankiness" as the noun, given the productivity of this suffix, there is no reason not to apply it should the occasion arise.

Suggested Usage: You might not want to use this word on a job interview but it does allow you to give "dirty" and "used" a rest down at the pub. "Now, now, don't cry. Use my tissue. I'm afraid it is a bit manky. Sorry." It can also replace "out of whack" and "broken" without forcing you to the more cerebral "defective": "If you don't like this wine, your palate is manky." "Manky" provides you the luxury of a choice of unoffensive alternatives in referring to lame or disabled limbs: "a game leg" or "a manky arm" (or vice versa).

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

You are welcome... It's nice to turn the tables... I have learnt many new words on here... and totally different meanings to others

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

You are welcome... It's nice to turn the tables... I have learnt many new words on here... and totally different meanings to others

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I started a new thread about another statement in Keep on the Watch that I found creepy in light of the pedophile lawsuits http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/148345/1.ashx

• IT Support
    IT Support

AlphaOmega,

The download button is on the right hand side of the screen. You have to enter the "bot proof" first. Sorry - trying to find another file host.

Have you tried Humyo? It looks pretty good, but I've not used it properly yet.

Thanks for the scan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit