January '08 "Keep on the Watch" brochure campaign cancelled

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I think Billy and Jeffery are on to something here.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sir82 - Thanks for the confirmation on the cancellation.

jefferywhat - Logistics wouldn't be a problem. They can print brochures by the truckload every nanosecond. KOTW brochures are already in all the congregations by now, ready for the campaign. I can't imagine it would be availability, and if it was someone 'evil' in a picture, they would simply change the picture before the next run of the presses. (Or replace their head with an approved one [insert evil Dr. Frankenstein laugh here])

kerj2leev - I'm thinking... BINGO! With the pedophile cover-up and lawsuits, they don't want to appear hypocritical.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you, dear reader, happen to have a copy of the Keep on the Watch brochure, please open to page 3. Notice right smack dab in the middle of the page, this statement (Why they couldn't use complete sentences, I don't know. Maybe they didn't have time to do more than mere fragments since Armageddon was so very near.):

"Priests sexually exploit young people; church cover-up. Decline in attendance; church buildings sold."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a few more stories about this publication that are less than flattering, but I have to run errands and don't have time to chat right now. Perhaps this one example will give y'all some matter for discussing how the WTBTS might reword such a section for future reprinting.

Cheers Billyteb

• sir82
    sir82

If you, dear reader, happen to have a copy of the Keep on the Watch brochure, please open to page 3. Notice right smack dab in the middle of the page, this statement (Why they couldn't use complete sentences, I don't know. Maybe they didn't have time to do more than mere fragments since Armageddon was so very near.):

"Priests sexually exploit young people; church cover-up. Decline in attendance; church buildings sold."

Wow!

That deserves a BTT.

• zack
    zack

Isn't this the brochure that has the picture of a priest that looks like he's getting a blow job?

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

What about the last tract???? False religion (WTS) is still here!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I heard it was changed to Get Your Dangly Parts Onboard or We'll Close the Door on Them.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Could someone scan the page Billy refers to - I have never seen this particular piece of shit brochure.

Jeff

• stm345
    stm345

Maybe it contains artwork with subliminal messages?

• 5go
    5go

Yeah, I would think that brochure would be sort of a bad offer with brand new NBC pedophile story involving them on the loose.

• still_in74
    still_in74

marking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit