CHRISTMAS PRESENTS

by Dansk 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Do you find it difficult to know what to get for your beloved for Christmas? (assuming you celebrate it!).

My wife says to me "Don't get me anything, I'd rather we saved the money to get away next year."

Well, I'd like to save to get away AND get her a pressie. In fact, I've got her two pressies - but it's getting harder every year to know what to purchase. Any ideas? (N.B. vacuum cleaners, washing machines and microwaves, etc., are OUT because everyone benefits from them. I'm talking about personal presents)

Oh, and no "Black stockings and suspenders", etc.

Ian

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

I don't know about her, but I want Ray Franz second book!

And there are several other "apostate" books I want.

We have so many nicknacks, can't really afford any good jewelry, don't care about TV, etc.

Just give me books, books, books.

If not about X-JWs, then about dogs.

I don't know what to advise for another woman's present. I only know what I want.

If we could afford it, I would want a diamond ring. Does that help?

sacrebleu

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Anything by Molton Brown, especially bath soak and body lotion.

Diamonds (earrings/bracelet/necklace/ring) depending on how far you want to push the boat out.

CD's and books.

Godiva chocolates - they're the best.

A day at a Spa or just a massage at a good local beauty salon.

Paul Smith has a gorgeous new perfume called 'Rose'.

Anything by Jo Malone - candles etc.

A beautiful diary/filofax for next year or just a gorgeous notebook (Paperchase and Smiths have some lovely ones).

Hope this helps.

Will be thinking of and missing you both tomorrow night....

Sam xx

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

If she has a special hobby something to do with that. And shiny things are always nice. You can get jewelry fairly cheap right now, maybe something with her birthstone in it.I asked my hubby for a nice long nightgown with a matching robe. No peekaboos allowed.

momz

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

a pair of earrings? or a bracelet?

• bubble
    bubble

How about Trafford Centre gift vouchers Ian?

Then she can get something she really wants.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I find it very difficult to buy pressies. What I've opted for this year is to buy an "experience" A friend of mine mentioned she would like to do a shark walk (yes we do crazy things like that in S.A) So I don't know if she was kidding or not so I decided to call her bluff - I'm buy her a shark walk experience.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I have a hard time picking out things for other people (unless I have a good idea what they like) or I come across something that makes me think of them.
    Other than that Amazon Gift cards work- you can get just about whatever you want there.
    Best Buy is a good bet too, who doesn't like movies, games or music?

• Dansk
    Dansk

Wow, thanks for all the early replies! I think I'll print them all out for next year!

Claire doesn't need any more jewellery. Oh, don't get me wrong, it's not diamonds but Swarovski crystal! She has plenty of ear-rings, necklaces and bracelets. She also has plenty of Swarovski ornaments.

I thought about gift vouchers - really did - but decided to get some things on-line (as I'm too weak to shop just yet). I've parcelled them up where she can see them and she hasn't a clue as to what they are. Claire asks: "Can I wear them?" or "Can I eat them?" To which I respond "You'll wear them on your head if you don't shut up!" It's lovely knowing she can't wait to rip the wrapping off.

Books? Claire's got plenty and is getting through them all - at night before we drop off to sleep. She likes thrillers and romantic novels.

Please keep the ideas coming in. If you're not helping me you are undoubtedly giving ideas to others reading this thread.

Love,

Ian

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Gift vouchers suck as presents! It's exactly the same as money except you can only spend it in one shop. You're telling the recipient exactly how much you have spent on them, and that you couldn't think of anything to buy them. Further, you're limiting what they can buy.(Exceptions to this might be vouchers for beauty or spa treatments or for specific activities like LouBelle's "shark walk".)

Ian, if Claire's worried about spending too much money then agree to put a limit on the amount spent. A book she wants, a DVD of her favourite TV show that isn't on any more, a bunch of flowers (and a vase to put them in), a framed photograph of you in the altogether, none of those has to cost very much, and it really is the thought that counts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit