by Dansk 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Claire is lucky to have you.

Believe me, I'm the lucky one!

Ian

• ninja
    ninja

I gave my wife a black eye.....when she complained I said.....oops...i thought it was boxing day.........(hope my wife never sees this)

• alamb
    alamb

I like the idea of buying an "experience" too. Memories are worth more than stuff. This year I would like a porchswing....weird, I know....but alot of memories could gather there.

• ninja
    ninja

and a load of dust......he he...hey lambo

• fifi40
    fifi40

Maybe make her a personalised CD..........with some beautiful songs on it that tell her what she means to you.........not expensive either........just a thought

Or just book her in at Ragdale Hall for a few days for a spot of luxury pampering..........that is a budget stretcher though

Fi

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Momzcrazy had my favorite suggestion. Wearing somthing to bed that your husband likes is always nice and it makes you feel pretty to boot.

Sheri

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Ian - I'll second Fifi's suggestion of a trip to Ragdale Hall - it's the best spa I've ever been to - sheer heaven! Send Claire there in the Summer if you ever go down this route.

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

"Experiential gifts"

Tickets to a show/concert/play/symphony

Hot air balloon ride

G.C. to a nice spa (my personal favorite)

Hotel room voucher so she can get away by herself (great for new moms)

A G.C. for a portrait session. She can use it for her grandchildren or to have some beautiful bourdoir photos taken.

• Dansk
    Dansk

As I said, I'm going to keep this thread for next Some great ideas! Thanks!!

We had tears this morning. Interflora came with a fabulous bouquet of flowers for Claire, which yours truly purchased for her as it's our 29th wedding anniversary tomorrow.

Ian

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Great ideas from everyone!

I'm all for the 'experience' gifts as well. Something as simple as a box containing some theatre tickets for a special night or such...but if you are more for staying at home right now - a gift box that contains some cute and cuddly pyjamas, robe, slippers - along with some new DVD's you both enjoy - a few bags of microwave popcorn..maybe even a music CD and a bottle of wine or some hot chocolate - create a fun, lazy weekend pyjama party for the two of you!...

sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit