When You Left The "Truth" Did You Have Any 2nd Thoughts?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• shell69
    shell69

the religious battery and agony had to end once and for all.

Sorry for wittering

Shell69

• Gringa
    Gringa

WTWizard Wrote:

I broke the situation down into its possibilities. There are four possibilities. (1) is that it is the truth, and I stay in long enough to survive. (2) is that it is the truth and I blow it off, and die. (3) is that it is not the truth and I waste my life in it. (4) is that it is not the truth and I get out of it.

Analyzing the possibilities, given the trends and the counsel I was given, I realized that case 1 was actually worse than case 2. If I live forever, it would be all men, and life would be totally stagnant. That, to me, would be worse than dying, especially if I must carry a part of the blame for its being all men. Among the other two possibilities, wasting my life in a lie is worse than getting out of it.

Exactly how I felt - I never looked back, no second thoughts. But, it did take me a long time to get over the guilt. Since I was 3rd generation and my entire mother's side of the fmaily were and are still in................. I was not only willing to give up my life, but my family for a little freedom and happiness.... and I have to say, it has been a pretty fun ride!

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I left because of GIANT hypocracy in the cong. If anybody got up there I could hardly look at them because I knew who these people REALLY were. I thought I had been the only one who really tried to live by this stuff. I still "felt" it was "the truth" for many years (what a mind f..k that is). I've done a lot of researching but this site is the most informative....actually shockingly to me some times...shakes my old brain up. Unless you get it from here you probably won't find it.

I'm reading C of C and unlike the rest of you it's not an easy read for me. It's like finding out your father is a seriel killer after he's dead. I'm to the part about Mexico being a "Cultural" group. I sort of remember that "theocratic warfare" blah, blah, blah but then I remembered going to an Int Ass in Mexico City in 1968. I spoke some spanish (my mom none) and it was so weird even finding where the event was, nobody had Bibles except us, no songs. Just weird. Then you find out it wasn't about "persecution" it was about materialism. One night we went to the hotel bar and met a black sister and her daughter was my age. They started having margaritas and then they were sitting on the piano singing having a great ol time. Of course we teenage daughters were mortified. As it was it was the highlight of the "convention".

• changeling
    changeling

No. I was 100% sure. Still am.

changeling

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Were you 100% sure that your decision was correct?

Today I am 110% sure.

1981, 99%

1982 99.5%

1985 99.9%

2000 100%

If somehow it were the troof, I obviously cant comprehend it. So in the cold hard light of reality, I guess I am a rebellious spirit.

According to the wactower, I'm sechduled for the eternal dirt nap sometime in the next 50 years.

As far as I can tell so is everyone else.

In 100 years from now, there will be all new people.

• Poztate
    Poztate

It was like a light switch turned on. I had seen the real truth and walked out never to return.

My Wife unfortunately is a life long Dub so I still have to rub shoulders with them on a limited basis.

• Maddie
    Maddie

No doubts that it was the right thing to do

Maddie

• llbh
    llbh

No none. Like Blondie said wish i had done it sooner, but hey.

Welcome uu

llbh

• moshe
    moshe

Yea, how can I extract my , "eye for an eye" from those WT GB liars.

• erynw
    erynw

Yes. I believed the WT crap until July of this year. Thought I was going to die disfellowshipped in the Big A. Until I started doing a little subtraction and figured out those born in 1902 were now 105 years old! In 1984 the generation was supposed to be about 12 years old when WWI started and they wouldn't die o..... sorry, threw up a little in my mouth there.

Anywho, yeah. I did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit