When You Left The "Truth" Did You Have Any 2nd Thoughts?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING
    RF said:
    I had no second thoughts after the few weeks it took for the mental grip on me to be released.

Precisely.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I broke the situation down into its possibilities. There are four possibilities. (1) is that it is the truth, and I stay in long enough to survive. (2) is that it is the truth and I blow it off, and die. (3) is that it is not the truth and I waste my life in it. (4) is that it is not the truth and I get out of it.

Analyzing the possibilities, given the trends and the counsel I was given, I realized that case 1 was actually worse than case 2. If I live forever, it would be all men, and life would be totally stagnant. That, to me, would be worse than dying, especially if I must carry a part of the blame for its being all men. Among the other two possibilities, wasting my life in a lie is worse than getting out of it.

Thus, it didn't matter. If it was the truth, I would escape a stagnant, pukey life that would be worse since I would have driven out everything good, only by leaving. If it was a lie, then I could escape wasting time and resources by blowing them off. Either way, there was more to gain by blowing out than by staying. That pretty much settled it--either way, I am better off not being a Witless anymore.

• zack
    zack

NO.

• blondie
    blondie

Not a one. Enough incidents had happened in a short space of time to convince me it wasn't a problem with an individual or just one congregation but infected the whole "organization" and the people in charge knew what the problems were and were not going to change it. But that took 40 years, or 5 years in the last step.

Blondie

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

not really since i have never been that close to anybody in the borg, even though i went for over 20years and believed it for over 30. but

there needs to be truth just as there needs to be love, shit! i just think they have taken a good thing and messed it up bigtime, but hey isn't that what happened with the reformation

• minimus
    minimus

Once people realize, intelligently, that nothing makes sense, it's easy to mentally leave. I think there are many who have left mentally yet still go to meetings because of family. Once the timing is right, they easily fade and never look back.

• UU Now
    UU Now

No second thoughts, then or since, although my mom still hopes. I had been planning to leave for years (I was raised JW).

Re: people who leave mentally, but continue attending meetings, I suspect that may be what one of my brothers is doing. Mom raised four kids JW (dad was not JW); two of us have left. One of the remaining two I suspect may be staying for mom's sake.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I rode the fence for a long time, sore crotch. But once I decided to leave there has been no looking back.

momz

• Emma
    Emma

Welcome UU. Me, too.

Emma

• shell69
    shell69

in the end.

yes I was more than 100% certain that I was doing the right thing for me as a human being., and I have never regretted that descision.

the consequences of my desiscion were harder to bear, I lost my family; my Mum, who I'll always love, and my Brother.

But my feelings on the matter are; IT HAD TO BE DONE.

Shell69 (((((((((((((((((love you Mum, love you Lee)))))))))))))))))))))) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit