When You Left The "Truth" Did You Have Any 2nd Thoughts?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Were you 100% sure that your decision was correct?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

No second thoughts at all.

W

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

When I left, no.

As I was in the process of examine the JWs, yes!

• oldflame
    oldflame

Oh hell no I never doubted my getting out and far away from it. One of the smartest things I ever done and I pat myself on my back for removing myself from them.

• oompa
    oompa

As soon as I knew for sure that the New World Translation of the Bible had been altered in ways of major importance, and that the explanations for some of these changes found in in Appendix 1 a-d were written by word wizzards to hide the truth of these changes....not restorations.......I had no second thoughts....I was instantly aware that I had been fed lies my whole life............oompa

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I remember the entire time I began questioning the "truth" having doubts in my mind. "What if it really is the truth? I could be SOL at armageddeon!". Thank God those irrational fears eventually went away.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I had no second thoughts after the few weeks it took for the mental grip on me to be released.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I recently asked why the bible that witnesses carried was altered. He( my bud) said it's translated as accurately as could be done with ancient wording. I questioned the need for all the alteration. He asked me if I felt more comfortable studying with the King James version. I did not respond, but I am curious if that meant it was ok for him to study it, or if he actually had just an inkling of doubt there.

I copied the response to this thread, Oompa and I will repeat it to him as I will be in touch today or tomorrow. That is if he wants to bring up the subject, 'caues I sure won't.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

My only thought was how far should the "Wait on Jehovah" maxim be taken. After the information that I found out here(not aPOZtate information, but things the Society admits, or things the Society's lawyers signed), I realized that this could not be the True Religion.

• Grammy
    Grammy
    Were you 100% sure that your decision was correct?

Yes I was, and now 6 years later I am even more positive I made the correct decision! I just wish I had done it sooner...better yet that I had never heard of Jehovah's Witnesses!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit