When You Left The "Truth" Did You Have Any 2nd Thoughts?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I waited so fricking long in the religion while I had 2nd thoughts that by the time
    I actually left, there was no reason to doubt that it was the right thing to do.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

At the time I decided to leave, I really wasn't questioning the faith as it were ... I was just FED UP!! Plain and simple. The questioning began after my fading began, and from what I've learned I believe I made the right decision. I've got absolutely no regrets. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

I must have it bass ackwards. When I found out my church was a cult, THEN I went to the Witnesses--- EX witnesses, that is. Everyday, I am more sure of that conclusion. The mormon church is a heresy.

• minimus
    minimus

I can clearly see how unreasonable the religion and the beliefs are. It's all about them trying to control you. That's what cults do.

• MikeA
    MikeA

formermormon, don't beat yourself up over it. Like the JW's, many of the mormon folk were brought up in it from a very very young age. That is a hard thing to get over. Everyone who was anyone to you basically lied (unintentionally or otherwise)..... that is a hard pill to swallow. Brainwashing at a very young age is very effective. You should pat yourself on the back for getting to the bottom of it all.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Yes and No

When I left I knew it was for my own happieness but I mentally kept my option to go back open in case it didn't work out for me in the world.At the time I would have rather tucked my tail between my legs and went back then spend my life alone forever.I left without the internet.I knew it wasn't a true religion and I had taken a stand for myself.But if I needed to I always thought of going back as a last resort.If only to have my brother and sister back and the rest of my family who shun me.I thought even if it was wrong at least I wouldn't be alone.

Then I found other EX JW's on the internet.My options suddenly did not include going back any more.I knew deep down in my heart it was wrong and finding other like me confirmed that I wasn't wrong or crazy or dumb to leave.I didn't have an awakening like some did.I always knew it was a load of crap.

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

MikeA

Thanks. Yes, I know. Crying over spilled milk.

• JH
    JH

When I left, in my mind, I was only taking a break, that's all. That's why I went back, and left, and went back again a couple of times.

I take long breaks !!!

Afterwards, I found this forum, and I was glad that I wasn't alone thinking this way. I see many intelligent people here, some elders and some who were at Bethel. We can't all be wrong.

I always did believe in God, even before I was a JW, so after leaving, nothing changed.

I never closed the door completely, when I left.

Will I go back? NO !

But still, in my mind, the door is always open, incase they change radically !!! Will they change? NO !

So you have my answer

• Dagney
    Dagney

None.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I'll buck the trend here, and say yes I did have second thoughts. When I became disillusioned, and stopped going to the meetings I still thought there was some truth there, and I was stuck between worlds for a time. It's not a fun place to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit