How I handled Child Abuse cases when I was an Elder (1996-2006)

by slmdf 89 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• lolipopp
    lolipopp

This is my very first post after many years of reading everything that others have posted. This subject needs to be sent all over the news and for some reason the way many have expressed themselves on this particular thread has moved me to say that the entire discussion should be sent to newspapers or made into a booklet and sent out to the public. The public must see the WTS for what it is. An organization that needs to change, be stopped and no longeer tolerated as it is today. Too many lives destroyed, throughout the years, due to that society's egomaniacal demands and ability to control the minds of many. This discussion expresses it all so very well...IMHO. Thank you all for this effort. Lolipopp

• slmdf
    slmdf

Wednesday - clearly I didn't do the only thing I could. I did the only thing I was told I could. It's all about control and the Organization was the one in control. Should I have done more? Absolutely. Do I wish I could change it? Yes.

The best thing I (or we) can do now is try to inform others. That's why I'm here. I certainly don't expect your praise. My past actions don't deserve such. Nor do my current actions. Only respect, for finally thinking for myself and finding it important enough to articulate the self-disillusionment I feel for how I allowed myself to become so controlled. Never again.

• slmdf
    slmdf

Right on!

• slmdf
    slmdf

Farkel - You make some astute observations. I felt the same thing from their statement. Why is it only about lawsuits? What about allegations? My guess is the sexually repressed JW elders do MORE than other organizations. (That's probably unfair of me to say without any data to back it up) But, as you say... the experiences I have are just from little ol' me. There are no doubt thousands of others that have been victimized and have no voice. So sad.

• slmdf
    slmdf

lolipop, we're honored that this thread motivated you to post. Thank you. You're right. This needs to get out. The children need help.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I have a friend who seerved as an elder and had similar experiences as you, only he was in a state where reporting was not required legally. The legal department said, according to him "we can't tell you not to call the police, but we also know we do not have to remind you of how important it is to keep Jehovah's name from being drug through the courts. We know your trained consciences will direct your actions".

It is easy to say what we would do "if" something were to happen to one of our kids. People do that about a lot of things only to find that when faced with the situation they have described, their reactions are not what they thought them to be.

I feel for you, the burdon of this kind of guilt must be very heavy. Thanks for sharing, if only more people would wake up and come forward, maybe something significant could be achieved with regard to real change within the group.

WLG

• wednesday
    wednesday

sl

i have to take a step back and scream every time one of these threads get started. . I have witnessed much and had my life forever altered by some very upstanding jws, and some of them were elders.

I know it is easy to Monday morning quarterback

Sometimes i just want to bang my head against a brick wall and ask myself why any of us ever thought these men were above the law.

• fresia
    fresia

The WTS is corrupt full stop. I'm in two minds about the elders, the sheep come first not the WTS thats all they should be concerned about the they are shepherds not of an organization but of people real people with feelings, what about all the b/s that also have been stumbled through this.

Are the elders so clinical that all they see is a damn tower. Its called worshiping the WTS and its GB. It's disgracful and I hope the whole bloody thing comes crashing and people see the truth about the heartless bastards and all these coverups come out.

The elders are responsible to Jehovah for shepherding his sheep, full stop.

• oldflame
    oldflame

restrangled'

There is no interpretation required. All citizens are ethically and morally bound to immediately turn information over to the proper authorities.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Absolutely this is right ! Ethically and MORALLY bound. I don't know how a person can feel good about themselves if they did not give all the proper information to convict these creeps.

Oldflame

• wednesday
    wednesday

So much of it comes down to that position and the power . There is no other way a man of ordinary means could get this much power. . Also if you do happen to be a decent person(and yes i knew some ) they get so burned out they step down and the corrupt ones are all that is left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit