Can God's love be demanded?

by Deputy Dog 119 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eclipse
    eclipse

Therefore, Satan is fufilling god's will.

go Satan!

(no tomatoe throwing)

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

go Satan!

(no tomatoe throwing)

...and in a way - we all are.

• eclipse
    eclipse

You sure about that, AO?

Even the evilest, most vile of human flesh that should have been aborted, are fufilling god's will?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Well, this is something that has confused me for ages... Yes, I am a Christian, but I can also step back from it all and see a bigger picture (or make up a bigger picture - that's more accurate).

In this bigger picture, God exsisted, he just "was"... he was everything.

...he then created us... where ?

The only place that he could create us would be inside of him - as there was nowhere else to create us.

Hence, we are all apart of God...

It is through our relationships that we learn about ourselves (I am taller than Jane, I am heavier than Lucy etc etc).
    We also learn through our reactions to other people (I am compassionate, I am angry, I am intolerant etc etc)

I imagine our function is to give God something that he can relate to, and that can relate to him.

If we accept that God is love.. and only love, then this begs the question "why is there evil - why is there anything in exsistance that is not love?"

My only conclusion (so far) is that in order to fully know what you are, you have to know what you are NOT.

So in order to fully know himself, God created somehting (in his image) that had the capability to be both Godlike, and not Godlike.

Whilst we may not all be acting Godlike, we may well be expressions of God as he EXPERIENCES that which he already knew.

Just a suggestion.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Maybe another way to put it (and this is what I think Sad Emo is getting at) is that everything that has ever happened, is happening and will happen is actually all static.

It all exsists in an instant.

For God, that was the moment of creation. He created it all (or IS it all).

In a similar way that we can create a gingerbread man... he in inanimate, he is static (give or take decay)... but inside, all his atoms and molecules are whizzing about in a frenzy...

What are they doing ? They are simply "being" him... they are whizzing about in the business (busy-ness) of being him.

Yet to us, he is static.

So in a moment of wanting to know himself, God created everything that is an expression of him, and everything that is the opposite of him... and stood back and admired it for it allowed him to experience what he was.

We (in time), feed back to him (outside of time) what these experiences feel like. In a similar way to God being a spider in the middle of a big web, everytime we tug on a piece of the web, he "feels" it from the centre, hence he also experiences what we experience.

I guess it's similar to me sitting at this computer, I am trying to work out what I believe, so I have tried as hard as I can inside my head to figure it all out, but I need more information, so I send my ideas out into the world... everyone else experiences them, and sends messages back telling me "yes", "no" or more likely, "you are mental !".

I'm off to have a little lie down now...

• eclipse
    eclipse

Sounds like logical explanation to me!

Does this creator care whether or not we worship it?

Or are we worshipping it simply by existing?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Maybe another way to put it (and this is what I think Sad Emo is getting at) is that everything that has ever happened, is happening and will happen is actually all static.

It all exsists in an instant.

Exactly!!! I'm glad someone understands me lol!!

go Satan!

(no tomatoe throwing)

Exactly - again!! Which begs the question, if God 'made' people do evil as part of HIS will, how could He condemn them for it? How can it be a sin to obey God's will (either conciously or unconciously) And if they are doing HIS will - could He love them any less than those who are doing 'good' things by that same will?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Can God's love be demanded? Good question. Let's find out.

GOD! I DEMAND YOUR LOVE RIGHT HERE AND NOW!

Guess it can.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Sounds like logical explanation to me!

Does this creator care whether or not we worship it?

Or are we worshipping it simply by existing?

Logical ?

You and me must be on the same medication

To be honest... I don't think he cares if we worship or not.

Worship may have been instructed as a way to focus people's contemplative attention, much like meditation.
    I separate "worship" from "being aware of God".

I think that he'd like us to be better expressions of his true nature though. I think the main thing is that we actually get on with our lives and experience life for all it has to offer - milk it for every single drop, squeeze every single neuance out of it.

To me, this is totally in accordance with Jesus' teachings of "love your neighbour, love God"... and "do not worry about tomorrow".

Still, easy to say... hard to do

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was wondering that all my life. If God knows all and sees all, why didn't he step in and stop Satan from screwing everything up before it became common knowledge amongst the angels? If it was caught before it got out of hand, there would be no "right to rule" issue to settle. Why have so much suffering to settle the issue? Why not prove it as the Bible says: Creation bears witness.... No need for suffering. No need to demand love, either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit