Can God's love be demanded?

by Deputy Dog 119 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Can God's love be demanded? If so where would grace come in to play?

Can your love be demanded?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Of course God's love cannot be demanded. I do think it was STUPID of God to create things He did not love, or to choose not to love them before or after He created them.

But this doesn't stop God from demanding our love, unconditionally, from us. He actually commands that we love Him, whether or not He does a damn thing to deserve it. What an almighty Hypocrite!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    But this doesn't stop God from demanding our love, unconditionally, from us. He actually commands that we love Him, whether or not He does a damn thing to deserve it. What an almighty Hypocrite!

Everyone can demand something except God,

whether or not He does a damn thing to deserve it

So he does nothing for you?????? Go get your own air, food, and everything else around you.

abr

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

WTWizard:

If you take another look at the Ten Commandments from the perspective of Galatians you'll see a suggestion that they were an almighty irony. The whole point is that we can't keep them (including the commands to love God / not to covet / etc.).

Love can never be demanded, however whenever love is received it is schweeeet!!!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Can God's love be demanded?

Why not?? Atleast from my POV, why not?

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Hey if it works for "god" Ima going to try it. I demand you all love me, mere mortals!!

What, no takers? Back to the drawing board, yet again........

• Caedes
    Caedes
    So he does nothing for you?????? Go get your own air, food, and everything else around you.

Yeah, what ABR said, worship the sun god, that's where all that stuff came from! ...right?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Can God's love be demanded? If so where would grace come in to play?

Precisely - why does God's love need to be demanded when He offers it completely free of charge? All you need to do is receive it.

• zack
    zack

I'm saving all my love for Sweetstuff.

• poppers
    poppers

When "God" is made in man's image he will demand something of us, and that's the hangup people have - they tend to make god "personal". What if what is called "god" is totally impersonal? If that is actually the case then demands simply cannot arise. "Demands" come from a particular "viewpoint", but if "God" is impersonal there will be no viewpoint. So a fundamental issue must be addressed within each person: is "God" personal or impersonal? The Bible says God created man in His image - perhaps that image is impersonal, thus making our fundamental reality impersonal as well. Can you find this "person" you take yourself to be? Is there anything present other than "ideas of me"? Can you be an idea? If not, then what are you beyond all ideas of "me"? Is what's found, therefore, personal or impersonal? Take a look, you may be astonished at what is found.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit