Can God's love be demanded?

by Deputy Dog 119 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Or are we worshipping it simply by existing?

I believe this, eclipse. Every action, every breath, every thought is an act of worship because we are being who God created us to be - human beings.

I often use the tree as an illustration of this. A tree just stands and grows, it stretches it's branches upwards towards 'heaven' (in praise?) and its leaves rustle (sing?) in the breeze (Holy Spirit?) as it moves them. The tree is not trying to be anything else, it is 'obeying' God's will that it simply be a tree.

'kay I'll quit being deep now lol!

We worship in spirit and truth...

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Or are we worshipping it simply by existing?

I believe this, eclipse. Every action, every breath, every thought is an act of worship because we are being who God created us to be - human beings.

I often use the tree as an illustration of this. A tree just stands and grows, it stretches it's branches upwards towards 'heaven' (in praise?) and its leaves rustle (sing?) in the breeze (Holy Spirit?) as it moves them. The tree is not trying to be anything else, it is 'obeying' God's will that it simply be a tree.

'kay I'll quit being deep now lol!

We worship in spirit and truth...

I was told that the shortest prayer was "Oh God".

I challenged that and said that the shortest prayer is when you see something bad and something inside you sighs... that is your soul crying out for things to be better.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

You guys are becoming all contemplative. Seems to reflect how this artist saw things

Caspar David Friedrich, The Solitary Tree, 1822altCaspar David Friedrich stands at the heart of the German romantic landscape tradition. His works derive from minute observation of nature and are often based on drawings made on walking expeditions in the countryside. The transcription of nature, however, was never his sole aim. He looked, he said, "through the inner eye," and what he saw allowed him to invest his works with poetic feeling and transcendent significance. For Friedrich, landscape painting revealed the spirituality inherent in nature and reflected his Christian faith. The figures seen from the back that sometimes inhabit such paintings yearn for a world beyond (see Moonrise over the Sea, 1822).

beautiful isn't it.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

here's another by the same artist.

Religious leaders of his day did not like what he was doing as they wanted their altar pieces to reflect not nature but the relgious iconography of the day. So he was a bit of a rebel.

• Gregor
    Gregor

"In this bigger picture, God exsisted, he just "was"... he was everything.

...he then created us... where ?

The only place that he could create us would be inside of him - as there was nowhere else to create us.

Hence, we are all apart of God..."

I rest my case. Belief in God is a self imposed mental illness.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Gregor said :

"In this bigger picture, God exsisted, he just "was"... he was everything.

...he then created us... where ?

The only place that he could create us would be inside of him - as there was nowhere else to create us.

Hence, we are all apart of God..."

I rest my case. Belief in God is a self imposed mental illness.

However, Gregor missed :

Just a suggestion.

I don't have any answers... only suggestions.

I live my life the way that makes the most sense to me... and that by coincidence happens to be in line with the "two commandments"... "love your neighbour and love God". Hence, I am drawn to the Bible as it "gels" with me. I don't insist that everyone believes the same as me, likewise I don't damn those who don't believe. I could just as easily dismiss your non-belief as a mental illness. ...but I don't ! I prefer my way of being as opposed to making sweeping judgments on people.
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

emo

Thankyou! I have seen that passage before. My Question to you would be about the verse before

Act 15:28

For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

Necessary for what?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Necessary for what?

Within context - out of respect for the Jewish believers.

As the written word of God to be obeyed - if God's word says it then you have to do it!

So again - why don't you eat kosher meat?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

A&O

If we accept that God is love.. and only love, then this begs the question "why is there evil - why is there anything in exsistance that is not love?"

Very good!

The Bible is clear, God is many things. He states in His word that He created evil (and/or Satan)

Isa 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Deputy Dog,

Thanks for that quote. It's a complicated game that we play - a bit like spiritual "hide and seek".

Acts 17:24-28 CEV

[24]

This God made the world and everything in it. He is Lord of heaven and earth, and he doesn't live in temples built by human hands.

[25]

He doesn't need help from anyone. He gives life, breath, and everything else to all people.

[26]

From one person God made all nations who live on earth, and he decided when and where every nation would be.

[27]

God has done all this, so that we will look for him and reach out and find him. He isn't far from any of us,

[28]

and he gives us the power to live, to move, and to be who we are. "We are his children," just as some of your poets have said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit