Can God's love be demanded?

by Deputy Dog 119 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

sad emo

Do you know the reasoning behind the OT writers describing God as an eagle who protects us? To get its young to leave the nest and learn to fly (alone!), the eagle ruffles up the nest and the young fledgling either falls or gets pushed out in the process. Then the parent hovers nearby whilst the young eagle goes from frantically flapping to riding on the thermals. ONLY if the young eagle gets into serious difficulty will the parent fly beneath it and catch it before it falls to its death.

That is where the complete dependence and reliance comes in - a certainty that God will catch you when you fall.

I reallly like the above illustration because it allows people the freedom to experience 'franticness' and 'aloneness' which imo is so necessary because it's sometimes an inevitable and unpredictable part of life.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

emo

What does sovereign mean to you?

Again, Where's the Spirit?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

How can you demand something that you already have ?

It is like the gifts from the Wizard of Oz to Dorothy and her friends... They always had it, but had to go through their adventures to find out.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    What does sovereign mean to you?

Someone who rules over you/somewhere. Please note however that although I believe God is Sovereign, I do not believe He is a Sovereign dictator!

Again, Where's the Spirit?

Operating within/through our God-given minds?

Now I ask you again, why do you not eat only kosher meat since this law was retained for the first believers?

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Sad E. The sovereign issue is where I come from in my argument as far as Pharaoh is concerned. Really, as far as everyone is concerned. Gods total sovereignty takes the guess out of everything.

I attribute everything that happens to Gods total sovereignty. Are we going to catch God by surprise by the choices we make. Or is it as the Jws believe; that Jehovah chooses not to know the outcome of history. I feel the latter would leave us with a very small God.

Question, did God know forehand of the choices Lucifer would make?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

emo

I'v never seen that in the NT. Would you be so kind as to show me that?

• White Dove
    White Dove

GodPost is never delivered, but NaturePost delivers every second of every day. Ok, I meant GodoftheBiblePost. GodofNaturePost is always delivering to us.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

emo

why do you not eat only kosher meat since this law was retained for the first believers?

Could you please show me this from the NT?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Could you please show me this from the NT?

Acts 15:29 - that verse so famously misinterpreted by JWs!!! You're to abstain from blood and from the meat of strangled animals - that means it has to be properly bled.

ellderwho:

Question, did God know forehand of the choices Lucifer would make?

In a way yes, because God sees past, present and future all together. The bigger question for me is did God make lucifer do it?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    The bigger question for me is did God make lucifer do it?

Or to put it another way : Was lucifer "doing it", simply an temporal expression of the Divine from the eternal moment of "now" ?

...and to put it back into literal terms (yuk !), was Satan "entering Judas" in order to make him betray Jesus actually an example of Satan acting out the will of God ?

For if there were no betrayl, there would be no fulfillment of scripture and no crucifixion - hence no salvation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit