Can God's love be demanded?

by Deputy Dog 119 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

His love doesn't have to be demanded. It is there free for the receiving.HALLELUJAH!!!

Sylvia

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I'm saving all my love for Sweetstuff.

Awwwwwwwwwww, you want my commandments now or later?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Poppers - I think I know what you mean but I'm not fully tuned in!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Is God free to love one person more than another?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Is God free to love one person more than another?

tricky! From a human pov I'd probably think yes but - if God IS love, then that love would be constant meaning he couldn't love one more than another by his very nature.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Sad emo

From a human pov I'd probably think yes but - if God IS love, then that love would be constant meaning he couldn't love one more than another by his very nature.

So God is less than human or less free than man?

• eclipse
    eclipse
    All you need to do is receive it.

I ask this with all sincerity and no patronism whatsoever,

How do you know when such love is given? and how does it manifest itself? Is it a feeling?

Or is it just being alive that is 'the proof' of love that is talked about?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Demandin' ain't gettin'.

Many people have experienced a cold side of God. Consider this:

When children first are taught there is a God, many, perhaps even most, think of their daddy (or primary male figure in their life) floating in the sky. When children are taught the concept of prayer, many, perhaps even most, first equate the concept to Santa Claus or a genie and anything they ask for will be granted. When that prayer is not answered, they learn, shrug it off and move forward.

When a child of abuse is taught there is a God, they too think of their daddy (or primary male figure in their life) floating in the sky, but this is not a benevolent thought. If daddy (or primary male figure in their life) is the abuser, and most of the time he is, God is painted very badly. When a child of abuse prays, there is only one thing they want. And when THAT prayer is not answered, emptiness and coldness is all that is felt from a God of love. Many children take it in about themselves.

My understanding of the concept is that God "loves" us. Forgive this way this comes out, but so what? What good does "love" do me if all sorts of horrific things are allowed to happen in life. Being left to live with monsters while being told how much I'm "loved" does little to inspire much feeling in me.

Chris

• justhuman
    justhuman

No God loves without conditions

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

eclipse

How do you know when such love is given? and how does it manifest itself?

When Jesus died for me, and rose from the dead.

Rom 5:8

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

I ask this with all sincerity and no patronism whatsoever,

What else are you expecting?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit