Do you condemn the Society's no-blood policy and still do not DONATE BLOOD?

by nicolaou 60 Replies latest watchtower medical

• SB
    SB

here is something to think about:

do you have a problem being an organ doner? most people don't, and i think the WBTS says organs are "a concience matter".

do you have a problem being a tissue doner? most people don't, after all, tissue is practically an organ.

well, blood is classified as a tissue. BLOOD IS CLASSIFIED AS A TISSUE.

why wait until we are dead to donate tissue?

SB

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just made my next appointment and wanted to encourage everyone to keep thinking about this.

Thanks.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Due to body piercings being less than a year old, they won't take my blood.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

It's on my to-do list. Thanks for the reminder, nicolaou.

• chickpea
    chickpea

it has been nearly 20 years since my last donation but i had surpassed the gallon pin by a few pints!

it is my intention to reintegrate that civic activity back into my life

thanks for the BTTT

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I've never donated blood, it grosses me out for some reason. My husband does twice a year they have a blood drive at his work. He actually looks forward to it.

On a side note...My granddaughter's dad was a regular plasma doner, he went twice a week and received money for donating plasma.

When he'd go in the first thing they do is ask him "have you received any new tattoos or piercings in the past year?"

He said no....they rolled up his sleeve and there was clearly a new tattoo. The staff called the police he was escorded off the property, and given a restraining order not to ever come back on or he'd be arrested.

**************What if the tattoo had of been somewhere besides his arm? They would have never known*************

lisa

• Duncan
    Duncan

Hi Nic, Good topic.

One of the things I am proudest of (in retrospect) was the speed with which I was able to overcome a lifetime's conditioning (not quite a "born-in", but good as) and get over the blood issue.

Last meeting attendance was 1979. I started giving blood in 1981 - they used to arrange it at the place I worked - and have done so fairly regularly ever since.

It's a fine, giving, christian thing to do. I'd urge every healthy person here to consider it.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I do condemn the blood policy. I have been wanting to donate blood also but have yet to find blood drive in my area that I can go to in my off hours.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    I have been wanting to donate blood also but have yet to find blood drive in my area that I can go to in my off hours.

Call your local Red Cross chapter. Alot of times you can make an appointment and donate when it's convenient for you.

I donate regularly.....and have done alot of volunteer work with the Red Cross. I used to go to alot of diasters.

If you are turned down to donate blood....consider donating your time to them!!

shelley

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

just a gentle reminder . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit