Do you condemn the Society's no-blood policy and still do not DONATE BLOOD?

by nicolaou 60 Replies latest watchtower medical

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

It's your decision to make. It would be as wrong of this community to insist everyone donate blood as it is of the Cult to insist otherwise.

But it's something to think about.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

bttt

• James Free
  • sweet pea
    sweet pea

I keep thinking about donating, just haven't got round to it - what I love about it is the irony - any Jehovah's witness taking a blood fraction could be receiving our 'apostate' blood - how cool is that? 'Apostates' saving Witnesses lives! LOL

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Clearly there is still a LOT of resistance to the idea of being a blood donor. It's hardly surprising considering the baggage we carry but can I encourage you to at least think about it? Try to get past the 'ickiness' and think of the good you'll be doing.

Don't try to see it as an 'anti-Watchtower' thing, it's just about being there for your fellowman.

That's all. I'm not going to bang on about this or hector anyone.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I faint easily from that sort of thing. It scares me honestly.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Renee, it's a single needle and you don't even have to see what's going on. The staff are very reassuring and you'll get a cup of tea and a biscuit afterwards - well in the UK anyway.

"Don't be ascared"

• avishai
    avishai

Yep, but only because I'm on so many meds that they would'nt accept it. Otherwise, I'm there!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

You are dead on. It is something to take serious thought about. Unfortunately I have not ever donated yet. I think I will though at some point.

Thanx for the reminder to think it through.

Jeff

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

You have made a very good point!

I did go along to donate a while ago, but was turned away because my weight was so low it wouldn't be good for me to donate.

I am not dieting or anything like that, I just don't seem to be able to put weight on.

So the answer is yes I tried, but no they didn't accept it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit