Do you condemn the Society's no-blood policy and still do not DONATE BLOOD?

by nicolaou 60 Replies latest watchtower medical

• bennyk
    bennyk

That is the case; however:

On May 28, 2002, the United StatesFood and Drug Administration instituted a policy that excludes from donation anyone who spent at least 6 months in certain Western European countries, (or 3 months in the United Kingdom), from 1980 to 1996. (wiki).

• carla
    carla

I give blood to make up for all the blood jw's use up by their 'not' taking blood.

• DJK
    DJK

I haven't been well for the last two years so I haven't donated. Before that I donated whenever shortages were reported.

Once I donated and the needle hurt real bad. I didn't say anything. The person taking the blood said, "I'm sorry." She pushed the needle through both sides of the vein.

• Clam
    Clam

I left the Witnesses carrying much of the baggage they'd sold me. I think that for some time after I left I'd probably have refused a transfusion. The internet cleared out all of the JW shite from my head, and now I donate blood regularly. I've also seen it save lives at first hand.

• littlerockguy
  • littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I would have to lie and say Im not a homosexual before I could donate blood.

LRG

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

My blood was refused from anemia. I will try again the next time there is a blood drive at the hospitol.

Anyway, seems very wrong for JW's to be part of the taking of blood and not be part of the giving. I do not understand that.

purps

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Like LRG - here in the states, if you're a guy and you've ever had a sexual encounter with another guy, you are rejected out of hand.

My first love would always lie, his mom was a Red Cross Director of some sort.

So...tried, they don't want me.

Maybe some Witnesses should show up at the Red Cross and offer to donate fractions of their blood...that might be entertaining to watch...

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thanks for the reminder !!!

I should have donated again in September.

Once every 4 months and it is a double dip.

2 units of packed red cells... the component the Watchtower Society will not let the JW's accept.

• iveseenthelight
    iveseenthelight
    I left the Witnesses carrying much of the baggage they'd sold me. I think that for some time after I left I'd probably have refused a transfusion. The internet cleared out all of the JW shite from my head, and now I donate blood regularly. I've also seen it save lives at first hand.

Clam, I think I'm still there. I keep saying to people although I'm no longer a jdub I still wouldn't give or accept blood. Not sure when/if this will change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit