Do you condemn the Society's no-blood policy and still do not DONATE BLOOD?

by nicolaou 60 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Clam
    Clam

Iveseenthelight that's interesting. Is it because you still view blood as sacred, or is it due to the potential tiny risks of receiving contaminated units? Sorry if I'm putting you on the spot but I used to feel that way and I'm grateful I don't anymore.

Take care

Clam

• Mincan
    Mincan

This is an excellent idea, I'm going to go donate blood as soon as possible.

My blood type is extremely rare, in Canada only 2-3% have B+ (it's higher in Europe, I think around 10% in some countries, still pretty rare)

• White Dove
    White Dove

Thought about donating then read that they turn you away for body piercings and tattoos less than a year old. Have to wait til next year.

• 5go
    5go

I aparently was in europe at the wrong time.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I checked with our local blood bank. I'm not eligible until I stop being allergic to everything and can get off from my antihistimine.

My son has donated regularly, though, ever since he reached the legal age limit.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I would, but I'm on too many meds. and have an auto-immune disease, so they won't acccept it. I think it's great that some do here. I can also see why it might be a big hurdle for some after the disinformation campaign about blood from the WBTS.

• Purza
    Purza

It is a good thought and I have thought of it before. My husband is an avid blood donor, as was his father (whose name is on a plaque in a local blood bank for all the gallons of blood he has given over the years). My daughter wanted to give blood and I am open to that. I can't really say why I don't donate. I guess it is another hurdle for me to overcome.

Purza

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I'd love to donate blood but I can't because of health issues. I'm not afraid of needles and it seems to me to be a very easy way to possibly help save someone's life.

GGG

• frogit
    frogit

I donate blood love doing this, it's good to give back to the NHS they are brill, health care in the uk is fantastic. It hurts a bit, only slight scratch as they say, and sometimes it leaves you with a small bruise. Knowing that this slight discomfort could save someone else's life is very rewarding, should not living be rewarding? frogit

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Yes I am against their policy

sadly they won't use my blood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit