Have You Ever Been Stalked?

by eclipse 119 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

Never have been, never will be.

I don't believe in being a victim.

Smith, Wesson and Remington will attest to that.

Warlock

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I've been anti-stalked before. Does that count?

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

A few years ago I was posting on my college message board and posted a pic of myself. There was nothing provocative about the pic at all. This guy started e-mailing me and im'ing me constantly. I tried to be nice at first and then I flat out told him to leave me the hell alone. He then emailed and told me that I looked even more beautiful in person. He wrote that he saw me at the park. I was scared shitless. It was weird but he never approached me in person. He preferred to piss me off by emailing me 20 times a day. I went to the police and filed a police report. The police went and had a chat with him and he never bothered me again. I vowed I would never post a picture of myself online again and I haven't.

Now my dad was stalked years ago before they had stalking laws. He had dated this woman years and years before but it never went anywhere, After my parents divorced was finalized he went out with her again. He said she was still a fruitcake. So anyway she started coming by his house at 3:00 am and would pull her car as close to his bedroom window as possible and she would shine her bright lights and blast her horn. She did this all the time. He would go to the police and they would not do shit. She called him night and day. So anyway dad went to his mom and told her what was happening. Grandma in turn told this lady if she did not leave dad alone she would kick her ass. She also went and told everyone about her behavior. After grandma got involved she finally left dad alone.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Eclipse, what you are describing is a dangerous sign. It doesn't matter that you know the person, the situation is dangerous. You really need to read "The Gift of Fear." I keep telling people about it, and everyone who reads it is amazed at the information. I had an employee who was being stalked by someone who seemed scary and a little crazy. I spent some time on the internet looking for information, and found some website FOR stalkers, telling them how to stalk someone and not go to jail. They are very sophisticated sometimes. I started taking photos of the guy whenever he showed up and when he asked me why I said I was collecting them for the police as "proof." I didn't say proof of what. After a half dozen or so photos, he stopped bothering her and started stalking someone else who wasn't as willing to go to the police. At the very least you should start documenting what this person does, and photograph him/her each and every time he/she shows up.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Hortensia is right, they do turn crazy and can become dangerous. I learned this first hand.

Court date for this person is in a couple of weeks.

He now has been charged with assault.

If he continues to stalk or otherwise demonstrate any behavior that looks like he is coming after me or my family or anyone close to me,

he will get charged again.

I wish I lived where you lived, warlock, but I cannot have a gun here.

Take care ladies out there, if anyone you think may be following you home, they probably are.

Call the police and make a report.

I had to.

• erynw
  • Abandoned
    Abandoned

Court date for this person is in a couple of weeks.

Good job.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Sending you good vibes Eclipse - sounds like a scary situation and hope that this all goes away!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Ever been followed?

Yes

Ever had the feeling someone was looking through your windows?

Yes

How did it make you feel,

Nervous, Scared, Indecisive. Vulnerable. Angry. Wary. Focused.

and what, if anything, did you do about it?

Set the dogs on him, armed myself, tried entrapment, finally called the police.

Stalkers have a screw missing somewhere. Never trust them - a lot of women who die at the hands of their lovers or spouses, often do so after being stalked by their x's. sammieswife.

• free2think
    free2think

Wow Eclipse, im glad you are getting this person sorted out. How scary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit