I’m only mostly dead.

by seven006 64 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

As Miracle Max (Billy Crystal) said about Westly in the movie The Princess Bride, “He’s only mostly dead” (I love that movie). I have gotten a few inquiries over the last few months about why I am posting a little more recently. “Wasn’t I… ill, sick”? No, I’m not ill. I’m just a little health challenged. It all depends on ones perspective on whether I’m sick or not.

Some of you know I have multiple sclerosis. More specifically I have the remitting relapsing brand of multiple sclerosis. Which is a neurological disorder I got from my mommy and daddy’s mommy and daddy’s mommy and daddy and so on. It makes me feel (for free) stoned or completely drunk at times, gives me double vision (which I find both incredibly interesting and annoying at the same time). It has taken away most of the sense of touch in all my finders (which has taken away my ability to flip trough flimsy bible pages (got damn it!)) and can turn itself on and off like a 13-year-old alter boy (that’s a version of a microphone on a stick handler for the JW’s).

I thought I would post this explanation before Minimus started another VH1 channel like “where are they now” post. Even though the thread and comments made on it were thoughtful and nice, I felt like Wally and the fricken Beev 40 years later.

When I posted my “this “may be” my last post” thread over a year ago, I had just recently learned of my diagnosis and was going through one of my first “serious, and not fun at all” relapsing MS episodes. Not fully understanding my condition at the time all I knew was I felt really icky, my vision was completely flucked up, I couldn’t feel my fingers anymore (I had to type with my tongue), there was no cure for my condition, it was going to progressively get worse, and I thought I was going to die. I learned the MS would continue to destroy the myelin coating on my nerves (kind’a like a condom for my nerve endings). Thus, the kind of good-bye, explanation of my upcoming and prolonged absence post.

Since then, I have learned the advantages of a proper diet (I know, I know, ABOUT TIME, dip-shit!). I am feeling better during my “remitting” stages and they are coming less often. I tend to read this board (as well as other god product and ex-cult member boards (very interesting stuff as far as similarities in cult mind programming and the psychological dynamics after leaving their cult goes).

This board has grown so much since I quit being active a year ago, I don’t seem to know anybody anymore. A lot of old posters have moved on or out, gotten married or are getting married died and were resurrected already and some me just blew a fuse. Some seemed to have almost completely changed their views on the whole god product issue or have bought into a whole new product line hook, line, and sinker.

I have noticed some of the old lurkers, now, new posters, seem to get the training wheels taken off of their thinking caps a little quicker then before and have reached the “holy shit” factor of total realization a lot sooner. All in all it looks like there has not been much that has really changed in the last year.

The one thing that has not (and will never) change is the Pavlovian responses and comments given and made by the current JW’s who come here. It’s a good thing they don’t really post on apostate message boards, rationalize everything they do and think or recognize they are living any kind of double life. The sun would just stop revolving around the earth if they changed. After all, the last person to realize someone is in a cult, is … someone who is in a cult.

I think I just might post a little more when I’m in remission like this. Hell, I’m not dead yet, only just mostly dead. I might even start a topic or two down the road. This could be a little fun.

Take care,

Dave

PS: I have been told, heard, and read about ALL the miracle cures for MS from bee sting therapy to Himalayan Gogi Juice. So, even though I appreciate peoples concern and caring comments, remember, I am one hell of a researcher and reader so save me from looking like an asshole by my not responding to anyone’s magical cure suggestions. Just please except that I “all ready know” I’m an asshole and the stupid fruits and vegetable thing seem to make me feel a lot better. Like Armageddon, the cure for MS is right around the corner. They have been saying that for years and I believe it god damn it!

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

But Dave, did you try the Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka yet???? Just kidding. It's good to hear that you're feeling a little better or at least more stable. I've been absolutely devouring information from this site since I started reading here about 5 months ago and I've enjoyed a lot of your posts. Post when you can and I'll be reading.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I'm only mostly dead too, come to think of it!!!

Typing with your tongue is all I can remember of your post!

purps

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I like "The Princess Bride" too - one of my favorite movies. Also I have a friend with the relapsing-remitting type of MS. She's glad she has that kind rather than the kind that just steadily deteriorates. She takes interferon and hasn't had any new lesions in several years, although she gets really tired of the interferon shots. Glad to hear from you - hang in there. I know just enough about MS to understand a little of what you are going through.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    I think I just might post a little more when I’m in remission like this.

Oh!~! I sure hope that is a promise.

You are still one of my favorite posters.

-Denise.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Glad you're doing a little better, seven006.

Anyone that so readily embraces their "assholishness" is alright in my book.

Be well.

• Xena
    Xena

Inconceivable!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Hang in there Dave, I'm sure it isn't easy.

I just want you to know that you probably my favorite poster. I would recommend to anyone new to go back and look at some of your posts. I found them by accident when I first statred posting. Your writing style has just the right amount of wit and sarcasm. I admire your viewpoints and your honesty and truly wish I could have gotten to know you.

Your contribution to this board is something none of us will ever forget.

I wish you peace Dave and hope that you continue to post when you are able.

• erynw
    erynw

Sending you twue looooove.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Sending you twue looooove.

Mawwage.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sbqv3MwwVd8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit