I’m only mostly dead.

by seven006 64 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Hell yea.

• changeling
    changeling

It's great to hear you're feeling better and learning to manage your MS.

Please stick around and put your 2cents in more often.

changeling

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

So glad you're able to come on here a bit....and I LOVE ...that movie...

My fave was "M-a-w-wage, a dweam wiff in a dweam"...and of course anything miracle max and his "witch" wife said. BTW, you need to take his coated chocolate since you're only "mostly dead", it worked for Wesley.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Dave, good to hear from you.

Welcome back -- back here where we need ya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCaUJN6MFrw

• onacruse
    onacruse

Dave does have his good moments...as occasional as they may be!

After all, if he can put up with my meandering chatter (though he did most of the talking) for an hour, then he can't be in all that bad a shape. LOLOL

To a friend (read 'sometimes asshole-who-got-in-my-face-more-times-than-I-can-recall) who helped me in ways that cannot be measured.

Craig

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ah, Dave.

May you have peace, dear one.

Your servant,

Shel

• Quandry
    Quandry

I am glad that you are up to posting again and only mostly dead. Being really, really dead would almost certainly bring an end to your very enlightening (and sometimes amusing) posts.

I read with rapt attention your Bethel posts when I first joined this forum. Who would have guessed? Not me in over thirty years of being "in." To think they have "secret closets" full of old stuff they don't want the rank and file to know about, and it is from the founder of their own organization!!!

Dissilutionment is a powerful feeling to deal with. I felt like walking death for about two years.

Also, illness is a powerful motivator. I recently had to undergo many tests to find out if I had cervical cancer. No cancer cells were detected, although it has not completely been ruled out, and I do have to get my womanly insides yanked out. But I did find out that it is a liberating experience. I have decided what is really important in life. My family comes first, and I absolutely do not care what the self-appointed, self-righteous back room set have to say.

I do not want to give the WTBTS one more instant of my life. I want to live whatever time I have left in a way that is fulfilling and hopefully worthwhile. I have gained a new appreciation for life. I want to savor every moment--or at least I will after the weeks of recuperation from my operation, that is.

I hope that you are able to continue to visit with us here, and take care of yourself so that those posts continue for a very looooooong time.

I also read about your artwork but none shows up anymore as those posts were years ago. I, and I would think many new posters would enjoy seeing your work. Could you possibly show us some?

• Tara
    Tara

Love your title. I certainly know the feeling. LOL. Glad you are feeling up to posting a bit. I, too, have MS...the "good" kind, relapsing/remitting, like you. Take betaseron shot every other day for over 3 years now...HATE those damn shots. Being a nurse, I was devasted when I got my diagnosis. (I had never been so sick in all my life). In the past 3 years I've only had new lesions on the first MRI after my DX was made. Having MS sure put things into proper perspective (for me, anyways). I don't sweat the small stuff anymore. Can no longer work, which sucks, but it sure beats the alternative of being 6 feet under. Take care of yourself. I look forward to reading your future posts.

• avishai
    avishai

having a neurological disease is terrifying. I thought a couple yrs. ago i had epilepsy, now found out i likely have a "movement disorder" called hemispherical Dystonia, similar to parkinsons (though not as progressive and lethal, thank god) And, being the crusty old fart that I am, not wanting anyone to worry, I stuffed how scary and painful it is. Also, the thing that sux about relapsing/remitting diseases that blows on a social level, (some days I'm great, others I'm laid up and floppin' around) is that folks who don't get it say things like "You were fine yesterday, what's wrong with you, get off your ass!!" "You have to be faking!" "It's all in your head." To which I now say "Go to hell!" But before I was almost convinced I was nuts.

Glad to see your back!! Big manly hugs.

• dawg
    dawg

Seven006, you're one damn great writer.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit