Don't leave Jehovah's table

by oppgirl63 38 Replies latest jw friends

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

A couple of nights ago my roomie gave me a dvd to play. She said it was from her sisters. Well I jump up and put in the dvd thinking it was from her physical sisters (they are all hotties). Much to my dismay is was from her spiritual sisters and it was a talk about not leaving Jehovah's table. So I sat there an listened to it. In the talk he said we are all not perfect and probably think that we are not worthy of sitting at the table, but not to leave. He kept saying "Just stay at the table". The example he gave was at King David's table and the crippled dude (I don't remember his name and couldn't pronounce it anyway) who came in to eat and saw all the beautiful people there. You all have probably heard this talk before...but it was a first for me. I thought what hypocrites...they are constantly kicking people away from the table.

• oompa
    oompa

I had to leave the table....I was hungry and there was really no edible food on the table....oompa

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I'm with you oompa. I got tired of the waiters shoving it down my throat saying "Eat it or die!".

momzcrazy

• oompa
    oompa

MomCrazy you are so right. I got so tired of being told the slave was providing food at the proper time...what was neeeded. I needed more and asked for it (letter to HQ) and got a plate of low cal highly flavored bull$hit! If their food was so yummy and filling, why the heck was I having legitimate questions? Shouldn't they have already been answered? I think we could make some elders/pubs think by answering them when they ask what is wrong, if we told them we really need some more/better food on the table...Geeze it is the same meal EVERY WEEK....prayer, service, meeting attendance, personal study...now you are full..............oompa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Ingredients: Monosodium glutamate, propylene glycol, hydrolyzed soy protein, aspartame, Neotame, high fructose corn syrup, brominated vegetable oil. That is what is at the table of Jehovah.

Ingredients: Organic beef, organic eggs, extra virgin coconut and olive oil, organic cane sugar and Stevia, real organic butter and organic milk products (milk and cheese). That is what you will find at the "table of demons".

I prefer the table of demons. The food is much healthier there.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

What a ridiculous, self serving metaphor "food" has turned into. Whatever!

Before I left, the CO told me that it takes so much reading of the publications to stay healthy in the faith these days. I said to myself "I wonder if he knows what he just said. In order to keep your faith strong, you must read propaganda exclusively all the time at the exclusion of all else. If you were to read anything else, it would endanger your faith."

Such a shallow faith, such a weak faith, if it depends so much on getting brainwashed....

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I prefer the way God and Christ cook and serve directly. Only appropriate, it is their house, their table, their food and they said they would do so.

I dont like human servers form of food, to many additives, substitutions, not done right, over or under cooked, presentation not all that good most of the times either.

abr

• Honesty
    Honesty

I quit eating at the Watchtower's table after I took a peek at the kitchen...

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

If you eat at a table, and you keep getting the runs, you learn quickly, not to eat there anymore. Enough said.

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

I love all your replies...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit