Why Did You Get Baptized?

by Open mind 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

stilla:

When I got baptised Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher were on the world stage.

Phew!!! Aren't you glad you got in right under the wire?!?

Open Mind

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    But he was being too subtle.

Actually Open Mind, I just read the post. Were you suggesting I would not clue into his little joke? Hmmm?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The reason I got baptised. I was raised as a JW. Brainwashed from infancy. It felt like a curse to have the special knowledge. When I turned 18, I fell in love with someone at the hall. I wanted to do the right thing. That to me was not to have sex until was married. I had the idea that her parents wanted the weddint to be at the kingdumb hall. The only way for that to happen was for both of us to get baptized. So we did so we could use the Hall. It was there hall they wanted people to be baptized to use it. That was 72. They were advertising armegedon in 75, get out alive. So for the next 3 years I applied myself pioneered was a ministerial servant and gave public talks.

When the force of 75's armegeddon dissapointed me I started fadding. I didnt know that's what they called it, but I found reasons not to go to the hall. A job on second shift. Riding motorcycles on the weekend. By 83 I went from fading to deffinite stop. And a proclamation to family members I was through.

So I got baptized to use the hall. I guess I had one of those funky kind of soils. Rocky or sandy, I dont know. It just didnt grow in my after 75.

• ush419
    ush419

because my head was pushed up inside my rectum circle. I l didn't have all the facts, and leaped without thoroughly looking.

• Open mind
    Open mind

sweetstuff:

Actually Open Mind, I just read the post. Were you suggesting I would not clue into his little joke? Hmmm?

My intention was not to suggest that a woman of your intellect COULD not get something like this. But rather, that it might be easily missed in the always flowing river that is JWD. My main concern was that a recipient as willing and deserving as Nic not miss out on his just desserts.

Open Mind

p.s. Hope you have your hip waders handy. When I start back-pedaling, it gets deep quick.

• llbh
    llbh

50% Dating a lovely lady- wanted to stay with her - did - still am - though she still JW - problems

50% Thought world going up in flames- looked like they had an answer- big mistake - now corrected

llbh

• tribalgirl
    tribalgirl

I had just turned 12.

I have no flippin' idea why I did it, I was 12 for crying out loud!

• loosie
    loosie

Well I put it off until the possible minute. I was 21. yes there was pressure. The reason I got baptized is because I wanted to get married. You can't married if you aren't baptized. Even then I didn't get married until I was 24.

Baptized = married = laid = smiles

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They originally promised me that Jehovah would solve my personal problems regarding the opposite sex if I started studying (after all, I needed to at least not repel them if I was to stand a chance of drawing them in instead of driving them away), so I accepted the study.

Upon accepting the study, they just moved it up to attending at least one meeting a week. Upon my commencing that, they moved it up to attending all the meetings every week and having at least comments; then joining the Theocraptic Misery "School(??)". So I did that.

After that, they immediately moved it up to going out in field circus. That ultimately led me to disassociating from the Catholic church. Of course, by now all my horoscopes and Christmas decorations were thrown out, so all I had to do was write that letter and send it to the Catholic church. They never waited for the reply (suppose it got lost in the mail or thrown out by an administration error). I ended up in field circus.

Immediately, they moved it up to getting baptized. So, of course I went and got baptized within a few months (I didn't quite "qualify" at the very next a$$embly because it was within a month or so after being the "unbaptized publisher").

Wouldn't you know it, but as soon as I got out of the water, they moved it up to auxiliary pioneer. I am sure that they would have kept moving it up all the way to the top, and then declared that "that was what you were supposed to have been doing all along. No reward." As it was, I was already putting in more than 20 hours a month in field circus and in retrospect, I view it all as wasted time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit