Why Did You Get Baptized?

by Open mind 48 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    I have to fess up, I am ex-nj-jw's Dad.

Yeah, well I hope that doesn't mean that you gave your child that ultimateum and if you did I hope you've apologized

nj

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

sorry babe

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

now where's my spankerin'?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Yeah, well I hope that doesn't mean that you gave your child that ultimateum and if you did I hope you've apologized

nj

Nothing that sinister I'm afraid, ex-nj. I'm pretty sure he just wants sweetstuff to give him a spanking. But he was being too subtle.

Open Mind

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

To quote Gary Oldman's character from Hannibal; "It seemed like a good idea at the time"

Honestly, I was 10 years old. My dad was the PO and had gotten baptized himself at age 11, so there was the living-up-to-your-dad's-expectations bit. As well as the pressure from the other elders and kids my age in the congo.

Everyone knows 10 year olds are well qualified to make lifelong decisions right?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I'm sorry OM and nic,

Just a little stressed these past couple of days!

nic - do you need a spank'n?

nj

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

The Oracle:

I felt different (and I actually did)

Clouds open up? Any pigeons poop?

LOL!

No, but it was outside.

And it was the good old days where I actually had my shirt off. None of this T-shirt on baptism for guys silliness.

Not to derail this thread, but I am curious about what happens in different parts of the world during baptism...do the guys all wear shirts in to the water now? And do the girls all where long t-shirts that cover their bottoms?

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I got baptized so my father would quit hounding me.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I did not want to die at Armageddon. When I got baptised Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher were on the world stage. I truly thought nuclear war was a distinct possibility

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

ROFLMAO! Nice try Nic!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit