New arrangement for field service?

by Zico 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• monophonic
    monophonic

we were put in that bs program before i completely faded...and didn't want to do it, but when they 'urge' you and you say no, the problems mount up.

so we did it, but kept making excuses and only had to do service three times with this pioneer couple who were clueless kids who grew up the the wtbts, well, we did too, but they never ever had a rebellious year and the hubby probably prayed every time he gave himself pleasure. one of those couples whose whole existence is based on the wtbts and take that away and they would turn to dust.

funny thing was, i used to be a pioneer and he handled himself horribly at the door, disrespecting people, being argumentative, and i got way better response b/c i didn't years of pent up _____ down there.

i think he was kind of glad we continually flaked on them b/c he couldn't hang with my gentle mentality.

so, so, so, so glad i'm outta there.

• vitty
    vitty

I was assigned a pioneer to " help " me to become a pioneer myself. Well thats what the elder told me, he said I had great potential LOL.

Anyway it did help . I became really confident and got passed my introduction and into conversations But it soon dwindled after it finished.

I enjoyed it because the pioneer was a friend and we spent a lot of time chatting and generally having a nice bit of socializing time

• observador
    observador

"Well thats what the elder told me, he said I had great potential"

Don't believe him; they say that to everyone. :)

Yep, have seen the program here in the US. As others have said, didn't work, for all the reasons mentioned.

Just would like to stress something: pioneers like to work with pioneers, because they have all types of tricks to make hours, which may be embarrassing to reveal to regular publishers. I have seen this personally and only then understood how pioneers are able to MAKE so many hours.

Observador.

• sir82
    sir82

One of the more spectacular failures wrought by the WTS...it just flat-out doesn't work, as the posters above have noted.

The program still technically exists, but is virtually never mentioned any more in any literature or meeting parts. It was trotted out & extolled every few months when it first began.

I suspect most congregations have let it die a quiet death.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Sad when time and impressive FS reports are more important than showing love to those who are truly worthy of it

James 1:27 27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

I dont see Christ sponsoring this in his time or the apostles,

abr

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope this isn't another wording for "recapture". As in, looking at all those who haven't been to a meeting or out in service for a few years and hounding them to death, or physically forcing them back to the meetings so the pioneers can drag them around...

And, in my case, one family that seemed to live to keep me in the organization (but not take care of my emotional needs) consists entirely of pioneers. It looks like I am going to have to start getting my disassociation letter ready...

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

At first, we the pioneers thought this would be good. There were between 2-4 pioneers. We were the only ones to show up for FS and when anyone else did show up, they had their own aragnements. Nobody wanted to work with the pioneers. So this new arangement would force people to work with us. No. Publishers were insulted when the elders suggested them for the program. How would you feel being mentored by an 18 year old twit. No one was even sure how the program worked. Pioneers didn't need extra unpaid work. (I loved how they used the Pioneer School against you. The scociety invested so much into you with that special school, its the least that you can do to show your appreciation for all their hard work.) And the publshers that were selected for the program needed real help. Like a single mom who rode a bus 2 hour to work everyday - she needs more feild service. An old woman who couldn't walk or hadrly even breathe - feild service will fix that too! And what about the woman on the edge of a nervous breakdown, alcoholic husband, kids are a wreck - lets tell her she's not doing enough, give her more to worry about. Aahhh. the loving provisions of the WTS.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

"what about the woman on the edge of a nervous breakdown, alcoholic husband, kids are a wreck - lets tell her she's not doing enough, give her more to worry about. Aahhh. the loving provisions of the WTS."

Yup, that was me. And very looked down upon and judged in the congregation because I could never come up to their standards of meeting attendance and field service time. Feel the love.

• Julia_Backhausen
    Julia_Backhausen

Answer To First Posting: It's not new. They are already doing it like this since a few years. It ist called "Pioneers help others" (translated from another language).

• freeme
    freeme

had been in germany too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit