New arrangement for field service?

by Zico 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

I don't get this. The preaching work is DEAD. why are they whipping a dead horse??

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

As has already been mentioned - its called the Pioneer Assist Program.

The program has been around for years and gets dusted off every few years by the odd circuit overseer or zealous local service overseer.

It's a fairly effective cult building technique that "strengthens" the "weak", and pulls the circle just a little tighter.

I am looking forward to seeing the great exodus from this cult. Momentum is building. The end of the WT is drawing close.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Kinda funny but they kept trying this with my wife. When they came over I said NO. They know I am against the BS. It is funny how they ask a question and I gave the textbook answers (because we are so close to the end with a smirk). I think we are done till the Memorial.

• lawrence
    lawrence

This "program" is a reason for the "weak" to pad their f.s. reports. Make up time and avoid the elders. That will help people assess their spirituality - if they have to lie, then maybe they should leave. Great!

• XOCO
    XOCO

i'm surprise by the fact that the program has not been effective in some areas. its going to be the first time that i'm going to experience this but my excuse is that i'm going to school and i am working at the same time. I'll keep up updated on it and see how it goes? LOL.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Yes, I remember it being done in my old hall. They give the pioneer a "You're Special" badge for volunteering to do this.

BP

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Pioneer "Assist"? Another way to hound those that aren't doing "enough". I don't know what's stopping those that get pulled down in this crap program from writing disassociation letters, not showing up for field circus, or telling the hounders that they can't go out because they have too much work to get ready for the holidays.

Should they ever come into my house, I am going to pull out a copy of Crisis of Conscience and start reading out of that book. They want me to go out in field circus, but I bet they don't want me using apostate literature for it. And no pioneers, no matter how dedicated they are to getting me back in their control, are going to be effective if I keep referring all their calls to apostate Web sites or pulling out that Crisis of Conscience book.

• oldflame
    oldflame

They can dink with all their members they want to cause when they walk down my street they walk on when they come to my property. They now know full well they are not welcome here.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Pioneer Assistance Program PAP –noun

1.soft food for infants or invalids, as bread soaked in water or milk.
    2.an idea, talk, book, or the like, lacking substance or real value.

[Origin: 1400–50; late ME; a nursery word akin to D pap, G Pappe, L, It pappaalt]
    —Related forms paplike, adjective
    —Synonyms 2 . drivel, balderdash, twaddle.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
    Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Coincidence?

• fresia
    fresia

That was something that was bought out at LAST years pioneer meeting, it is up to each congregation if they have ones that need that special help in field service. But I can assure you it wasn't for six months it was a month or weeks. Some congregations have less pioneers than others so to have the said of each one is simply not true and it was a suggestion at the least.

I think it is a good idea that pioneers and mature ones help others, but I find it silly to place so much importance on the pioneer like they are something special. Those that have been faithful in the org and have many years of experience have far greater skills and endurance that most pioneers, as they are usually very young. Also those mature b/s that are not pioneers have the people skills and patience and experience that pioneers could not possibley have, so I find the whole idea stupid and not practical, putting too much importance on one group and not using common sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit